My Bloody Valentine (2009) - movie  » Movies  »
  • I admit that I entered in the theater with quite low expectations, being a fan of horror movies, I decided to give it a try for the following two reasons, first- it's a horror movie, second- it is made in digital 3-D
  • However there are some plots holes that you can find, but let me tell you frankly this movie is made just for entertainment, blended with amazing visuals that really makes it worth watching at least once
  • The only thing that makes the experience of watching this film memorable is the special effects used

• by xenon

I admit that I entered in the theater with quite low expectations, being a fan of horror movies, I decided to give it a try for the following two reasons, first- it’s a horror movie, second- it is made in digital 3-D. first of all, Hats off to the filmmakers for making a movie like this. I have seen many 3-D films in the past few years and most of them only offered family drama or they were

kid’s movies, but this one is entirely different from those movies, it shows too much blood, gore and violence.

There is enough red stuff to keep happy those who like to watch movies like Saw, Hostel etc. some scenes were so cruel, so nasty that I had to close my eyes for a while.

From the very beginning it captured my senses with its stunning visuals effects. The story is smooth and good to get along with, the pace of the movie with so many twists and turns will keep you hooked through out its run time.

However there are some plots holes that you can find, but let me tell you frankly this movie is made just for entertainment, blended with amazing visuals that really makes it worth watching at least once. This movie successfully delivers what is expected from movies like this one: pure entertainment.

This movie is a remake of the 1981 Canadian ...

• My Bloody Valentine (2009) - movie
      film of the same name, I have seen that movie too, it is another mediocre horror movie of that era without much to say but to show. But the remake version is more entertaining and intelligent than the original in terms of story and plot.

However there is nothing new in the plot and few of the scenes are very similar to ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’. One can easily predict the end of the movie.

Thankfully, the director

only aimed to draw the attention through magnificent effects of Digital 3-D. The performances are just according to the mood of the movie, just fine.

It was really good to see Tom Atikins after such a ling time. The only thing that makes the experience of watching this film memorable is the special effects used.

This movie isn’t a big success but it will surely deliver what horror films fans and digital 3-d lovers like me expect form a movie like this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112005704221231/k2311a0520/5.20.09