Pepsi-Cola throwback  » Food  »
  • I have really looked forward to this coming out, but I must say I was a little disappointed with the taste, this was just a little flat for me
  • So I think they were able to capture the nostalgia of the old times when sugar ruled and no one had heard of corn syrup yet
  • Over all if you love soda like I do this is worth trying, it is really good with ice cream so I suggest trying that once too

• by leohorn

Pepsi has now come out with it’s throwback, trying to get sales by going back to using real sugar instead of the now used corn syrup. The product tastes very good but is not as sweet as the regular Pepsi.

I have really looked forward to this coming out, but I must say I was

a little disappointed with the taste, this was just a little flat for me.

My mother on the other hand loves it, she thinks it is great and it takes her back to when she fell in love with Pepsi in the first place.

So I think they were able to capture the nostalgia of ...

• the old times when sugar ruled and no one had heard of corn syrup yet.

The biggest down side to this new soda is if you are diabetic, this soda has 40 grams of carbs per serving, when regular soda has around 26.

So where I drank about half a can before I can only drink

about half of that.

That kind of bums me out some.

This is not for people trying to be healthy but I guess they don’t drink soda pop anyway.

Over all if you love soda like I do this is worth trying, it is really good with ice cream so I suggest trying that once too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272005703901131/k2311a0520/5.20.09