Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who (2008)  » Movies  »
  • Let me first say that our last name is HORTON, so this movie is definitely a treat, especially for the kids
  • The fact that it's a cartoon and has actors I love because it makes it more tolerable to watch over and over
  • It keeps it fun and when your kids realize it's the same as my book, mom I think, aaw
  • All in All I am very very impressed, From the HORTONS

• by kokanee24girl

Let me first say that our last name is HORTON, so this movie is definitely a treat, especially for the kids. They love the fact their last name is in a movie. It’s a treat for us adults who love Jim Carrey AND Steve Carell, who were both in Bruce Almighty together and brilliant. It also features others like Amy Poehler (SNL) and Jaime Pressly and more. Which when i’d watched the movie, I recognized the voices but then had to “google’ it to remember. The fact that it’s a cartoon and has

actors I love because it makes it more tolerable to watch over and over.

Horton(Jim Carrey) is an elephant on a mission…to save a world. Steve Carell plays the Mayor of Whoville (the world Horton is trying to save.) It starts out with a “speck” rolling through the jungle. It goes up and down, twists and turns. My two year old sits and “ooo” and “wee” and laughs at it. Next you see Horton in the “Jungle of Nool” with his class. Yes, he is the teacher of the jungle. So already my daughter ...

• (who loves school) is happy.

And then the two worlds meet when the speck of dust keeps on rolling right past Horton and the adventure begins.

I have to say that it portrays the Dr. Seuss book perfectly. We have it at home, and exactly what you read is exactly what you see/watch.

There is a narrator too, which is like reading the book. The beginning of the movie goes: “On the 15th of May in the Jungle of Nool, In the heat of the day, in the Cool of the Pool.” –Right

in the beginning before the movie menu comes up.

The narration keeps on throughout the movie. I love the narration because of the likeness to the book. It keeps it fun and when your kids realize “it’s the same as my book, mom” I think, “aaw”. Not to mention the lessons learned from Horton the elephant. Many times in the story it goes “A person’s a person, no matter how small” and again I go “aaw” when I hear my kids repeating the lines, knowing it’s good for them.

All in All I am very very impressed, From the HORTONS!

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who (2008)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112005703811131/k2311a0520/5.20.09