Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling  » Books  »
  • I found the idea of the book fun and interesting
  • I found the characters pretty much the same as they were in all of the previous books - it doesn't feel like, despite the passage of four books, any of them have developed or changed ( with the exception of Percy, who is turning into a swot)
  • I think the book could have been a lot shorter and still reached the conclusion

• by booklover

I have never really been that interested in the Harry Potter series of books for kids, but I was given a copy of this book by someone who was cleaning out their bookshelf, and I won’t turn down a free book.

I found the idea of the book fun and interesting. The Harry Potter books really are

based on a nice imaginary world, and this is really appealing.

I found the characters pretty much the same as they were in all of the previous books - it doesn’t feel like, despite the passage of four books, any of them have developed or changed ( with the exception of Percy, who is turning into a ...

• swot). I mean, all of the characters have gotten older, but their behaviour and responses still seem the same, just their stuff has changed.

So the major changes have been the events, and they do feel like they’re going along pretty slowly - this fourth book seems to be double the size of the first, which had

about the same amount of events in it. I think the book could have been a lot shorter and still reached the conclusion.

That being said, I can see why these books are popular - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is very likeable. And Harry Potter’s stuff is quite fun - his cloak and map.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171805702800531/k2311a0518/5.18.09