Rimmel Light Beam Lip Gloss  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • That is a bit if a negative for me, because I prefer my lip glosses to be tinted (especially if they appear to be and they are not ) It comes in a pretty big tube, which I like, it is squareish which is a nice change to the tube shape
  • It is far from being a makeup light, which I know you cannot exactly fit into a lip gloss container but it is one of those obnoxious fluorescent blue-white lights that pick up every pore, blemish and mistake that your face has on it
  • That is convenient, and is meant to be used along with the light so that you can put your lip gloss on in the dark
  • I thought this might just be my particular shade, and so I asked others who have purchased it

• by K.F. Lynn

Pretty much a translucent gloss, it looks tinted in the bottle but it comes out really very clear with no tinting that I saw whatsoever. That is a bit if a negative for me, because I prefer my lip glosses to be tinted (especially if they appear to be and they are not ) It comes in a pretty big tube, which I like, it is squareish which is a nice change to the “tube” shape. I will admit that when I first saw this I had absolutely NO idea what it was supposed to do, or what it was advertising that it did. At first I thought, does this stuff make your lips glow in the dark? That is NOT what I am looking for! But lo and behold, the smart woman that I am, I figured out that that is not what it does at all.

I will start off by explaining the packaging a little bit more, since that is the main feature. This product is geared mainly towards people

who find themselves often putting their makeup on in the dark. I personally am not quite sure how big of a target market there is for that, but apparently one large enough to merit an entire lip gloss line.

What you do is you take the top off just like you woul a normal lip gloss and you press the button on the top of the applicator to turn on the light. Now, the light I have to say I am not a fan of. It is far from being a makeup light, which I know you cannot exactly fit into a lip gloss container but it is one of those obnoxious fluorescent blue-white lights that pick up every pore, blemish and mistake that your face has on it.

Who really wants to see that, let alone have OTHERS around you see when you are putting your makeup on? So that was not a plus for me. Secondly, the bottom of the tube where the lip gloss is contained has ...

• a small mirror on the side of it. That is convenient, and is meant to be used along with the light so that you can put your lip gloss on in the dark.

Now personally, for me, the mirror makes a heck of a lot more sense than the light, but together I guess they work fairly well together. I like the idea of having a mirror on lip gloss, and it is a decent size when you consider how much you actually need to see when you are putting on your lip gloss or lip stick. Now, while I do think that the packaging is cool I would have to give this Rimmel Lip Gloss a thumbs down for its performance.

If I wanted clear lip gloss, I would spend a dollar and buy it from sally Hansen. This, while it is not exactly expensive, is still more than I am willing to pay for a clear gloss, which I already have and do not particularly need again. Also I would

like to touch on the smell of this.

I do not know exactly what the name of the color is, but it is somewhat of a light pinky beige (that of course, comes out clear anyway ), and it smells like coffee. I thought this might just be my particular shade, and so I asked others who have purchased it. Theirs all smelled like coffee too.

Now, I am a lover of coffee but I typically do not like for my lip gloss to remind me of this morning’s coffee-breath. For the $4-$5 I spent on this, I would at least like for it to smell fresh and not like coffee; maybe berry scented, or like some other kind of fruit who knows. Overall I would have to say, do not waste your money on this.

I wish that there was some way to fill the container with a lip gloss of my choice, that way I could get the benefit of the light and mirror without the annoyance of a lame smelling, lamely pigmented lip gloss.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311805702360431/k2311a0518/5.18.09