Coraline movie
  • I know it is not your romantic kinda movie but I will tell you, we both enjoyed it
  • It is being played in 3D that made it even more fun and interesting
  • Honestly, I don't think it is suited for younger kids
  • Adults, on the other hand will definitely enjoy it since it is a real treat to the eye

• by lipsticknladdles

My husband and I watched Coraline as a part of our Valentines Day date! I know it is not your romantic kinda movie but I will tell you, we both enjoyed it. It is being played in 3D that made it even more fun and interesting! It is the very first movie I’ve seen in 3D. I have seen Mickey’s Philharmonic thingy in Disney World and Shrek in Universal Studios both are also shown in 3D.

Coraline in 3D is somewhat similar to that (in a different way though)

Coraline is directed by Henry Selick and was adopted from a book written by Neil Gaiman. It features the voices of well known celebrities including Dakota Fanning as Coraline Jones, Teri Hatcher as Mother / Other Mother and Jennifer Saunders as Miss Spink. It is an animation, a story of fantasy and adventure. It tells the story of a little girl who’s family moved from Pontiac, Michigan to an apartment called Pink Palace in Oregon. On one of her adventures seeking for a well, she met a boy of his age named Whyborn (and a weird black cat that follows him around). One day Whyborn gave him a doll with button eyes, a doll that looks exactly like her. Then the adventure begins when Coraline found a secret door that leads to an alternate version of her life.

• Coraline movie
      Everything in that alternate home seems perfect. She has an other mother and other father who does all that she wants. Even her neighbors were perfect. She is loving her life there but then her other mother wanted to keep her there forever by wanting to sew button eyes on her. When she resisted that’s when odd things happened-she met the ghost of 3 other kids, ‘other mother’ looked creepy and more. Only her bravery and love
      can save her, the soul of the kids and her real parents.

It is a dark side to it. The story and the way it was presented is different from the animated, colorful, cheerful Disney or Pixar movies. Honestly, I don’t think it is suited for younger kids. Older ones may pick up lessons from it provided with adult guidance. Adults, on the other hand will definitely enjoy it since it is a real treat to the eye.

Coraline movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111805702160431/k2311a0518/5.18.09