Claritin for Allergic Rhinitis
  • Since this medication is an antihistamine, others used it for hives ( We haven't tried it though, ask your pharmacist if you intend to use it for such purpose) My Personal Experience with Claritin
  • This medicine is not cheap but I think it is reasonably priced

• by lipsticknladdles

Information about Claritin:

Loratadine is the generic name of Claritin. Clairtin comes in different forms. It can be in tablets, syrup, liquid gels or in rapidly-disintegrating tablets. It is an antihistamine that is taken orally for the relief of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Among this symptoms are runny nose, watery eyes, and sneezing.

Even if this is an OTC drug, you still need to be well informed before taking it. Ask your pharmacist about it. Know if you have an allergic reactions to its contents and read the manufacturer’s package instructions carefully. According to researches, Claritin has usually no side effects unless you are allergic to it. Be aware of rashes, swelling of face, tongue and throat and dizziness because it could indicate serious allergic reactions. It is

also advised that you know how your body reacts to Claritin before attempting to drive or operate machineries. Since this medication is an antihistamine, others used it for hives ( We haven’t tried it though, ask your pharmacist if you intend to use it for such purpose)

My Personal Experience with Claritin: My husband has allergic rhinitis. When exposed to dust, smoke, pollens and other stimulus that can irritate his nasal cavities, he would begin sneezing, have an itchy throat and will have difficulty in breathing. Although this seldom happens, I just hate seeing him all stressed up by allergic rhinitis. When it is not that severe, he would just rest, drink lots of juice and water and he will feel better in a few days. When it is ...

• too severe, then his work and activities of daily living are affected. He would take Benadryl and get really drowsy. Because of this we are ambivalent to go out on certain days because you can never tell when and what would cause his allergic reactions. Then we found out about an over-the-counter drug called Claritin. We don’t need a prescription to get it. My husband tried using it and we are satisfied with the results. His symptoms gradually improve. It helped us do our usual leisure outdoor activities without being scared that a severe allergic reaction would follow. We carry Claritin tablets with us when we travel, when we go to parks/garden or elsewhere. It is always good that when his symptoms are just starting, he takes
        Claritin immediately and takes lots of rest. That makes him get better really fast, fast as in within 24 hour or so. He did not experience any of the side effects too. This medicine is not cheap but I think it is reasonably priced. Ten tablets are priced a little over than 10 bucks on most pharmacies.

All in all, I would say that finding the right allergic rhinitis medication is like finding a nice pair of shoes. You should know which is the one that fits you best. We are glad we tried Claritin. We are sticking to it as long as it provides the effectiveness that we wanted.

If you have a condition just like my husband, try Claritin & who knows, it might be the right medicine for you too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261805702140431/k2311a0518/5.18.09