Diflucan (fluconazole)  » Medicine  »
  • I know the symptoms and I was sure it was yeast infection
  • I did my part researching about it and I found out that yeast infection is a common type of vaginal infection caused mainly by an overgrowth of the yeast called Candida albicans
  • But according to my personal experience, I never had any of these side effects

• by lipsticknladdles

I remember a couple of years ago, I constantly have yeast infection. It is recurrent. I know the symptoms and I was sure it was yeast infection. I did my part researching about it and I found out that yeast infection is a common type of vaginal infection caused mainly by an overgrowth of the yeast called Candida albicans. The said yeast is said to be normally present in the vagina but various causes including certain disorders, pregnancy, hormonal imbalance can change the normal pH balance in there thus yeast multiply in abnormal amount cause itching and irritation. I used the

seven-day Monistat Vaginal Treatment then. It was an over the counter medication that I previously reviewed here too. It was a good effective product, but there some inconveniences in using the said product and as I have mentioned my yeast infection keeps coming back even with constant use of Monistat cream.

Then one day, I had my annual pap smear test. It gave good results but the yeast infection is still present. My doctor prescribed an oral medication. She said that I can take this pill just once and if my symptoms will not improve, then I should go back to her. The pill she prescribed was generically called fluconazole. This oral treatment is Diflucan 100 mg. They came in pink trapezoidal tablets. They were quite expensive but it’s a good thing that my insurance paid for it. I can say that I was surprised that such small pill taken just once can be so effective. Along with treatment of the underlying cause of yeast infection (which in my case was Diabetes), Diflucan helped removed my symptoms and treated my yeast infection 100%. I was so pleased with its results. I don’t have to go back to my doctor because I am already okay.

Here are some other ...

• Diflucan (fluconazole)
      information about Diflucan that you might want to know.

It is an antifungal antibiotic used to treat infections. It is made by Pfizer, a reputable company. It comes in dosages of 50mg, 100mg, 150mg and 200mg. As compared to vaginal creams and inserts, Diflucan is orally taken. It does not require messy creams melting down when you get up after inserting. You just have to take it once at anytime unlike creams and vaginal inserts that should be administered 307 days during bedtime.

According to the information that comes with Diflucan, there may be side effects that include headache, dizziness, skin rashes,

diarrhea, nausea, flu symptoms, jaundice and upset stomach. But according to my personal experience, I never had any of these side effects. I just remembered taking the pill and getting better the next few days.

You cannot just get Diflucan over the counter. You need a prescription for it. There are a lot of information that you should discuss with your doctor including other conditions you have, medications you maybe taking and allergic reactions. All that taken into consideration, I would suggest that you ask your doctor about the advantages of using Diflucan for treating yeast infection versus your OTC vaginal creams.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261805702120431/k2311a0518/5.18.09