Russian Ballet Featuring Cinderella  » Entertainment  »
Dearborn,Michigan
  • The lights were interesting and creatively presented as well
  • I know that they will be dancing so they need light costumes
  • It is a one of a kind experience for me and my husband, a birthday date that I will never forget
  • If there will be a Russian Ballet performance in your area, I will still recommend that you watch it

• by lipsticknladdles

A few days before my birthday, my husband and I went to a one of a kind pre-birthday date. We went to see a performance called Russian National Ballet featuring Cinderella. The show was held at Michael A Guido Theater, a theater here in Dearborn, Michigan. I am an avid fairytale fan and Cinderella is one of my favorites so I really got excited. And I also know that my husband being a guy is not into this that’s why I find it really romantic that he brought me there. The fee to watch the show depends on which part of the theater you intend to be seated. The price of tickets ranges from $15 to $40 per person. When we got there, I expected that there

will be lots of little girls. They are all so eager to see the show. Some of them were even dressed in fairy princess costume.

The show per se did not match my expectations. Don’t get me wrong, It is not at all bad, on the contrary, the performance of the ballet dancers were magnificent. The dancers seem to be floating on air and gliding so gracefully. They are reflections of experienced, skilled and world acclaimed ballet dancers. The lights were interesting and creatively presented as well. It complements and enhanced the performances. The backdrops were just as great as the lights. Knowing that those were just a huge piece of cloth with images painted on it, we can’t help but be in awe at how ...

• it transforms the stage from a simple living room to a gorgeous palace.

Well those were the good points of the show. The not so good ones include the costumes. I know that they will be dancing so they need light costumes. But despite knowing that fact, I don’t know what is but there is just something lacking in those costumes. Maybe an additional spark can make it more appealing. The next thing is the whole show itself. I think it is a little dragging. Imagine 2 hours of all music and dance! It could’ve helped if there is a little narration and a few more special effects The little girls around me got disinterested after the first 30 minutes ( I have to admit, that I

do too. And my husband denied it but I really saw him napping!). It is really more of a dance performance alone, the “Cinderella” factor is missing a bit. But well, that is just my own opinion, I am not an expert on such, but that is just my own observation as a viewer.

All in all, it is just average ( though it has a potential to be overwhelmingly great). It is a one of a kind experience for me and my husband, a birthday date that I will never forget. If there will be a Russian Ballet performance in your area, I will still recommend that you watch it. For a price that is affordable and reasonable, watching this themed ballet performance is a unique experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591805702110431/k2311a0518/5.18.09