Seafood Paella recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I really don't know the exact way to cook Paella but I know whats in it

• by lipsticknladdles

Two nights ago, my husband craved for some seafood paella. Its been a year since we last ate one. So the following day, I went to Walmart and check out some of the basic ingredients of Seafood Paella and I am lucky that its just a one-stop grocery and I got all I need. I really don’t know the exact way to cook Paella but I know whats in it. So I

tried making my own recipe, my own way and to our surprise, it turned out really good. And Seafood Paella may be a little intimidating but with check this out and you will find the easiest Seafood Paella recipe you will ever encounter.

You will need: 1 tray of seafood mix ( scallops, squid, octopus and crabmeat) 15-20 pieces of large sized shrimp 10 pieces of cooked mussels (with shells on) 1 piece ...

• Spanish chorizo (sliced diagonally) 1 medium sized onion (roughly chopped) 2 pieces sweet red pepper (roughly chopped) 2 tablespoon olive oil 1 medium sized green bell pepper (roughly chopped) 1 can diced tomatoes 1 teaspoon garlic 3 tablespoon capers 1 teaspoon chopped garlic 1 teaspoon saffron 1 teaspoon sweet paprika ½ teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon thyme 2 tablespoons tomato paste salt and pepper 1 cup long grain rice 1 cup sticky rice
        /> 4 cups of chicken/seafood stock salt & pepper Lemon wedges for garnishing

To do it, all you have to do is following steps.

1. Saute garlic and onion on olive oil. Add mixed seafood (all except shrimp) and Spanish chorizo. Stir fry for 5 minutes.

2. Add tomatoes, sweet red pepper, green bell pepper and capers. Set aside.

3. Cook rice in seafood stock. When it is halfway done, add cumin, paprika, tomato paste, thyme and saffron. Cook until done.

4. Stir in seafood mixture to the rice and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper according to your desired taste.

Give it a try!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491805702050431/k2311a0518/5.18.09