Interview with the Vampire (the movie)
  • This is the reason why I love movies and enjoy filmmaking
  • The story plot is simple, yet effect, which is the best way, in my opinion, to tell a story

• by Thierry Snipes

I absolutely love this movie! I remember when I was about 10 years old and I would watch it all the time in the dark at night. But I loved the acting. The language was fluid to me, like flowing water, and I hung onto the actors every word. Not to mention the incredible directing from Neil Jordan, the wonderful acting of Christian Slater as the interviewer, and Antonio

Banderas astounded me. This is the reason why I love movies and enjoy filmmaking.

In this movie, Brad Pitt, who plays Louis and Lestat, played by Tom Cruise, are the stars. A young vampire, Claudia, played by Kirsten Dunst is in the movie as well, and I fell in love with her. Yes, I had a crush on her when I was younger. The story plot is simple, yet effect, which ...

• is the best way, in my opinion, to tell a story. Brad Pitt’s character lost his wife and child (childbirth) and wants to die. Another vampire, Tom Cruise’s character, sees this and offers for him to end the suffering (become a vampire). Brad Pitt’s character does except and regrets every hundred year of it.

This movie is adapted from Anne Rice’s novel, Interview with the Vampire, and you can get DVD

just about anywhere. I can’t just give credit to the movie-makers. The story had to have come from somewhere and Anne Rice’s head was the place. I admire her genius of crafting such an excellent tale. I get excited thinking about how many sequels and prequels have been spawned and can be spawned from this story. I watch the movie every few weeks or so and I fall in love all over again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111805701990431/k2311a0518/5.18.09