Fantasy Fest Key West  » Entertainment  »
All throughout Key West - mainly on Duval Street
  • I believe it is definitely geared more toward the homosexual crowd, so if you have a problem with that sort of thing this would not be the right time of year to head down to the Keys
  • I believe our first stop was Sloppy Joe's
  • I think the highlight of the night, though, was the Eden House in Key West

• by jadams6173

I went to Fantasy Fest in Key West several years ago with three buddies of mine from work. It was a blast! It’s kind of like a smaller-scale Mardi Gras. The entire island of Key West is only about six miles long, so of course it has to be smaller scale. It takes place during the last week of October every year.

We stayed in a hotel that I had gotten a decent deal on months and months beforehand. You’ve got to book rooms early or else you won’t find one or the only one you do find will be extraordinarily expensive.

We

were only there for a couple of days, but my God did we have fun. I believe it is definitely geared more toward the homosexual crowd, so if you have a problem with that sort of thing this would not be the right time of year to head down to the Keys. I saw so many men wearing so many strange things…men in dresses, men in chaps with the backsides cut out, men in full drag with heels and wigs and makeup…I thought it was hilarioius. Lots and lots of fun! You could seriously just walk down the street with your ...

• camera, and if that is the kind of thing you find entertaining than you will be in heaven.

I believe our first stop was Sloppy Joe’s. I had myself an awesome margarita. I felt the need to purchase gaudy accesories from some of the many vendors lining the road because the more normal you look, the more you stick out.

We also went to a place called Fat Tuesdays, a place called Ricky T’s, and another bar where we saw the Red Elvises perform. I think the highlight of the night, though, was the Eden House in Key West. Up on the top

floor is a clothing optional area. True, most of the people who opt out of their clothes are not ones that you necessarily want to see naked, but it is fun for the novelty of it. There are also body painting artists up there and I ended up getting body painted for the first time and walking around like that for the rest of the night while my buddy did me the honor of wearing my bra on his head so I wouldn’t lose it. I am happy to say that I am still in possession of that same bra to this day.

Fantasy Fest…awesome.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591805701670331/k2311a0518/5.18.09