Jane Be Pure Mineral Makeup  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I think the color and consistency is fine

• by jadams6173

I used to use Bare Minerals when they first came out. They were the only type of mineral makeup for quite some time and I absolutely loved it. My mom got me hooked on it and then I never wanted to use anything else. The down side was the price…it’s still pretty expenisive. I would try to save money by buying it on Ebay, and I would probably still be doing that if it were my only option.

But then

a whole bumnch of other companies have begun selling their own forms of mineral foundation, and I’ve tried several of them at this point. The most recent was Jane Be Pure Mineral Makeup.

I think the color and consistency is fine. What is different with this one, though, is the applicator. It’s a sponge nestled on top of a base containing all of the powder foundation. Most of the other brands that I have tried are applied with brushes, giving you ...

• more control over where you are actually applying the makeup.

With this product, I’m pretty sure the method you are supposed to use to apply it is tapping it all over your face in the places you want it. It’s impossible to get into creases, like the corners of the yes. You also have to tap it kind of hard leading you to feel like you are smacking yourself in the face a whole bunch of times, and who wouldn’t like

doing that? I’m not positive whether it results in you using more product faster…but I’m leaning towards saying that it does. You also end up releasing a small cloud of mineral makeup occasionally while you are vigorously tapping it all over your face, which got into my eye the other day. That kind of sucked.

It’s almost definitely the cheapest mineral foundation on the market right now that I have seen (less than $6, I think). But you get what you pay for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311805701620331/k2311a0518/5.18.09