France- tips on travel, stays and trains
  • These are all the things no one told me about that I have had to find myself on the way, as I have spent more and more time in France I can assure you that all the things I have mention will defiantly be a help to you and make just travelling to France on holiday or coming to stay a lot less complicated

• by Kate

If you’re looking to travel anywhere in France you will need to know what to look for if you want a bargain.

Hotels Look for F1 hotels along the route. You can pick up a location map the hotels and some big supermarkets. It shows you where all the F1 hotels are in France Really handy for stop over.

Formula 1 hotels are Cheap and cheerful. But still clean and with all the facilities you need for a good nights sleep and some breakfast. You pay per room and rooms can sleep up to 6. We paid £21 for a room that slept 3 for

the night. Visit www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/index.html

Trains Much cheaper to use in Europe, I have got a ticket from Aime in the French Alps to London including euro star ticket for £43 each way!..it cost me more to get from London to Devon! Check out http://www.raileurope.co.uk/ or http://www.sncf.co.uk/ for all the fares, its worth ringing SNCF as they always have other fares available!

Ferries- We all know of p&o but have you heard of LD lines http://www.ldlines.co.uk/ they are often a lot cheaper than the bigger firms but just as effective.

Moving to France?

If you are thinking about moving to France or want to try before you buy,

• there are many ways to do this for free.

Firstly if you don’t mind giving a hand on an organic farm you can register with WWOOF http www.wwoof.fr the farms are all over France you just click on the region you want to spend time in and you will get your accommodation for free and food, all for your labour on the farm, you need no farming experience. Here you will get to stay with a local family who can show you the area as well as introduce you to there friends.

Places to research about your move, places and things for sale, formalities, paperwork

and online communities for the area you want to move can be found online at http://france.angloinfo.com/

This is a great place to find out pretty much anything by asking the people that have already done it and are living out there. Really informative website.

These are all the things no one told me about that I have had to find myself on the way, as I have spent more and more time in France I can assure you that all the things I have mention will defiantly be a help to you and make just travelling to France on holiday or coming to stay a lot less complicated.

Bon voyage

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381705701461131/k2311a0517/5.17.09