World Wrestling Entertainment
  • I thought that when I grow older, I'd forget all about it
  • I have fond memories of my dad and I watching and so I associated watching WWE with joy, boring as it may sound

• by Kendrick Chua

Since I was five years old, I am already aware of the World Wresting Entertainment or Federation as it was back then. Every Wednesday, I’d wait for my dad to come home at 10:30 in the evening and we’ll watch it in Channel 13.

Big names back then were Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Mr. Fuji and Andre the Giant just to name a few and I’d even imitate their moves.

I thought that when I grow older, I’d forget all about it. I was wrong for up until today, I still enjoy watching WWE. The stars I watch back

then have already retired, except for a few like Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker.

The new generation of superstars is more high-flying and have added more exciting moves to their repertoire which delights the fans like me even more.

So what makes me love the WWE? I’m baffled to say the least. After all, it is more of entertainment rather than sports. The matches are scripted, the gimmicks are fake and practically the ring heroes are no greater than true athletes.

I guess it is because it has etched in my mind already since I was a child. I have ...

• fond memories of my dad and I watching and so I associated watching WWE with joy, boring as it may sound.

I also like the alliances and the divisions that happened all throughout its history and the battle of the stables like The Disciples of the Apocalypse against the Nation of Domination against the Los Borricuas. Those were amazing so to speak.

I have to give credit to Mr. MacMahhon for innovating the WWE. The brands have split into three namely: Raw, Smackdown and ECW and lots of wrestlers were given the chance to live their dreams. As a result,

the WWE universe as what we call it, has never ran out of fans.

The most memorable match for me is the Triple Threat Match for the World Heavy Weight Champion between Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Christ Benoit. I was rooting for Benoit since I thought he was a very underrated wrestler and has lots of in-ring IQ. I was glad that he was the victor.

I have watched WWE for the past 20 years and I see myself watching it for another 20 years and maybe next time, my dad, myself and I will all gather together to watch it.

World Wrestling Entertainment
    Ryan Austria says :

For how long will WWE be in the business of Entertainment?

mike says :

WWE has been in business way before i was born and are still around and so in my opinion with that kind of stability i believe they will be around for an even greater period of time because they provide quality entertainment.

super4u says :

As WWE fan I think it will be here for as long as it can.I have watched this entertainment ever since I was a kid and every time I watch I feel the same positive energy radiating and enthusiasm I felt 8 years ago.

Kendrick says :

The is a tough question to answer just like any other business, there is really no certainty in business. I guess the recent financial crisis is a proof. But year after year, they have been able to provide what the fans really want and much more. Plus, there is really no strong competitor. All the major ones were already bought by WWE like WCW and ECW. Who knows, WWE might just buy TNA as well.Thanks for your question.

Saim Cheeda says :

re : I thought that when I grow older, I’d forget all about it
    Back in 2006, I felt the same way as a 13-year-old. However, now, as a 25-year-old man, I’ve accepted WWE as a part of my life that provides me with a certain kind of entertainment no other channel could. And so, I don’t want to outgrow it anymore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591605700200431/k2311a0516/5.16.09