Wagon Train: The Sandra Cummings Story
  • The Sandra Cummings Story, my mind goes to the beautiful Rhonda Fleming and how much I know Robert Fuller, who plays Cooper Smith, just loved working with her
  • I'm not sure I agree with exactly how the resolution came about

• by Orrymain

When I think about Wagon Train: The Sandra Cummings Story, my mind goes to the beautiful Rhonda Fleming and how much I know Robert Fuller, who plays Cooper Smith, just loved working with her. She certainly had him smiling for decades after this show was filmed.

Fleming plays the title role of Sandra Cummings in a story that flashes back

to the Civil War when she was once held prisoner by the Confederates for spying. It’s how she breaks out that is key to this tale.

Also appearing in Wagon Train: The Sandra Cummings Story is Cynthia Pepper as Paula Cummings, Sandra’s daughter, and Michael Conrad, who plays Luke Moss. He’s devoted to Sandra completely.

Coop sets about wooing Paula,

• much to Sandra’s consternation. There’s a reason for it, though, one which doesn’t surface for a while. It’s a great build to the big revelation and the ultimate showdown between Coop and Sandra. I’m not sure I agree with exactly how the resolution came about; there are some gaps there in my opinion.

There’s some good Coop -

Duke (Denny Miller) scenes in this show, too, where you get to see their friendship. Oftentimes, the show focuses on one or the other, but this time, we get to see. Their last scene is really funny and one of my favorites.

Wagon Train: The Sandra Cummings Story is a great story, one of the better ones of the season.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101605699900331/k2311a0516/5.16.09