Wagon Train: The Gus Morgan Story
  • Not only that, but my favorite, Robert Fuller, isn't in this episode at all

• by Orrymain

Wagon Train: The Gus Morgan Story is not one of my favorites. It really never appealed to me. It bores me, to be honest. Peter Falk is the main star, playing Gus Morgan. Also appearing is Tommy Sands as Gus’ brother, Ethan Morgan. The main thrust of the story comes when

wagon master Chris Hale is accidentally shot by Ethan while the three are up in the hills. At first, the Morgans put Hale on a stretcher and start down the hill, but when Ethan loses strength, Gus has to choose who to help. He decides to take his brother, but as they were leaving, Hale continued to call out to him, and Gus attempts to strangle Hale. Naturally, Hale lives, putting the Morgans at odds with each other again and with the town where Hale is taken to for treatment.

Aside from the fact that the story has never lured me in, there’s the fact that I’m not a big ...

• Wagon Train: The Gus Morgan Story
      fan of the Hale character in the first place, and he gets quite a bit of focus here. Not only that, but my favorite, Robert Fuller, isn’t in this episode at all. There are just a few like that, and this is one of those episodes. As for Sands, he’s good but sometimes
      it felt like he was over-acting.

The one part I did like was actually at the end when Ethan faced off against the townsmen and argued on his brother’s behalf. The dialog was pretty good there, and I liked the arguments that were made. It was good, but not good enough to save this show from being a downer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101605699790331/k2311a0516/5.16.09