Acer Aspire One  » Laptops  »
  • I bought an Acer Aspire One and because I really needed a small and portable computer, I thought this would be perfect
  • However, there are many pros and cons that keep this computer from being the best
  • So far, I know they come in navy, black and white and that is really compatible with many different consumers' personalities

• by sdw91

I bought an Acer Aspire One and because I really needed a small and portable computer, I thought this would be perfect. However, there are many pros and cons that keep this computer from being the best.

Pros:

-I really like the size of the computer. Being able to carry it around from school and work without feeling like you are carrying weights is really

important.

-I really like the colors. So far, I know they come in navy, black and white and that is really compatible with many different consumers’ personalities.

-I love how, unlike the Macbook Air, they actually have many USB ports. It gives me a lot of convenience being able to plug many devices in at the same time.

-Durable, inside, at least. I have had people spill water over it and it still works.

Cons:

-It is so slow. I know with a small computer, the harddrive is smaller but, seriously, it freezes on me all the time. It is very annoying at times when you are in the middle of a project. It is so slow that sometimes it takes nearly 20 minutes to shut down.

-No CD drive. I cannot ...

• Acer Aspire One
      play some of my CDs or courses that involve CDs. They tell me that I could save it onto a USB, but, I’m not a computer whiz, so I have no idea how it works.

-Not durable, outside. It scratches very easily and therefore I can only use it on soft surfaces.

-Small keyboard. This isn’t really a con once you get used to it,

but getting used to it will take some time. The keyboard is very cramped, so get ready to have lots and lots of spelling errors.

Overall, it’s an average computer. I use it for the convenience but there are some factors that are hassles. Buy one if you don’t need a full size computer, but, beware, if you are either impatient or if you have butterfingers.

Acer Aspire One
Jacintah Mugi says :

re : However, there are many pros and cons that keep this computer from being the best
Acer Aspire One. With a Intel Atom AMD APU… which is from recommendable and known manufacturer would tend to disagree on cons like slow among others . With a memory of
512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and it will work oerfectly and be fast as expected .and with
Storage 8/16 GB SSD or
120 500 GB HDD Acer Aspire One become the best… and in terms of keyboard, Acer has keyboard touchpad which make it easy to operate . With light weight. you can carry it everywhere without getting or feeling exhausted unlike other computers with the same quality but quite bulk . Battery life capacity is good 2 hours though it differ . Another good thing about Acer Aspire One , it doesn’t heat up while charging and using as well…..

I like it’s black color it’s appealing and have a good display .
Acer Aspire One it’s compatible with several operating systems Linux , Windows XP , Windows Vista , Windows 7 ,
Windows 8 , Windows 10 at the moment I use Vista and it work perfectly .

The only thing I could recommend the manufacturer is to make their accessories available all over the world. A single breakdown on one of its accessories could cost a consumer especially in developing country cause they ain’t readily available .love it’s resolution.. a good camera, webcam . The small size is appealing .and thus reducing the weight. Users friendly .
It has good connectivity for instance
3 USB ports
5-in-1 card reader
VGA video-out port
3.5 mm audio jack
Desire I 10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet
Atheros 802.11b/g WLAN
3G/ UMTS that serves all my network and any connectivity needs.

Miles Sims says :

I find that Acer laptops are not very reliable when compared to other brands. They have really good specs for their price, but I always see them run into problems in the first year. Like dramatically slowing down, overheating, screen issues, hard drive issues, etc. But this is my own personal experience.

Jacintah Mugi says :

I do agree with that statement and my hope the manufacturers are overlooking that shortcoming

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631605699750331/k2311a0516/5.16.09