X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie  » Movies  »
  • If your a fan of the x-men series this movie may leave you entertained and a bit disappointed
  • I thought his preform ace was good and right on where it needed to be
  • The only faults I found with his character comes from the writing
  • I think the studio did a fifty-fifty job at casting the correct people to play some of the other mutants in the film
  • All in all the movie was decent and I would recommend seeing it if you are a general fan, or have only seen the movies

• by RedLizard

If your a fan of the x-men series this movie may leave you entertained and a bit disappointed.

Hugh Jackman makes a great Wolverine. His character delivery is very similar to the original 3 movies. I thought his preform ace was good and right on where it needed to be. The only faults I found with his character comes from the writing.

I think the studio did a fifty-fifty job at casting the correct people to play some of the other mutants in the film. Some were spot on while other were lacking in the very fundamentals that made them great.

For example, Kevin Durand was the perfect pick for the blob. He did a great job portraying the character exactly as you would expect him to be. They did a great job with getting the look of

the blob and the actor who played him to match up with the cartoons.

Some of the other characters, like Gambit were very disappointing. I felt they could have picked an actor that looked more like the cartoon gambit. They did such a wonderful job with most of the other characters it was sad to see the lack of resemblance with Gambit.

Not only where a few of the characters disappointing but the visual effects also left something to be desired. There were some very good effects and then some very bad ones also. I think they went to far with some of Gambits jumps and flips. They slowed down time and he seemed to be floating in air in a couple of shots. For me it stepped over the boarder of believability and broke my focus ...

• on the movie.

I know that they are mutants with unreal abilities but you really can push the line of what is believable to great lengths without crossing it. I feel that this movie needed a bigger budget for the kind of effects they were creating. Or they needed more time.

As for the story line, don’t get your hopes up. This movie is really there for the action. There is a pretty decent story line setup that does the job. It’s not spectacular but it holds your interest. If you are a fan of the comic cartoon series like I was you may be very disappointed. I’m not sure what version of his story they are following because they tend to rewrite history in comics sometimes based on the version. It does not follow the cartoon

comic show that I grew up with and love.

I didn’t like how they explained where he came from and who is brother was. I am pretty sure that in the comics they are not brothers. I would have liked to see a bit of a different story and more mutant powers.

I felt like this movie didn’t use the powers as much as the hand to hand fighting. Although with the effects not being up to par it’s probably better that they did more stunts than effects.

All in all the movie was decent and I would recommend seeing it if you are a general fan, or have only seen the movies. If you are a die hard fan I think you will be a bit disappointed and you may want to put it on the rental list.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111505699610631/k2311a0515/5.15.09