Rock Band 2 game
  • In my opinion, it's a great game to play whether you are playing it alone, or if you have a group of people to play with
  • In my experience, within the first month of playing the game, first the drum pads started falling apart from repeated use, and then finally after a few rounds of Battery by Metallica and This Calling by All That Remains, the bass pedal snapped under my foot

• by Brandon Perkins

I would venture to call myself an avid gamer. I’ve always been very picky about the games that I play, and I tend to lean more towards Role-playing Games…but something about this game drew me in. I can remember it quite clearly…there was a display of the game set up at Wal-Mart, my nephew and I started playing it and we could not get ourselves to stop! We stood in Wal-Mart for a good two hours without realizing just how long we were there. It was then that I knew that I had to buy this game.

Rock Band 2 is a very fun, very involving, peripheral heavy game that gives those who don’t have the time or patience to learn a real instrument a chance at being able to feel like they are truly playing guitar, drums, or singing to some of their favorite songs. In my opinion, it’s a great game to play whether you

are playing it alone, or if you have a group of people to play with.

As this is not a game that is meant to rely on graphics, I will rate it in terms of the things that I feel apply to it.

Fun Factor: 10/10

I give it a 10 on fun because, and this goes doubly if you have someone to play with, this game is addictive. I tend to find myself getting lost in it, and only wanting to play a song or two, but I end up playing ten or more. Even when I try to stop, I will say over and over again “Just one more song” until I just have to turn off the system to get away from it. I used to be pretty set on just playing guitar, but as I have grown better at guitar, it made me want to expand, to vocals, and then to drums. Each one has their own reasons to play around with them and try to get better at them, all the while enjoying yourself, even if you do look a little goofy in the process.

Peripherals: 7/10

The only reason that I did not give this the best rating is because of the drum kit that comes standard with the game. Yeah, it is not all that bad of a set up, but I feel that if you are meant to beat on it and to stomp on the bass pedal then the quality and strength of the equipment you are provided should meet up with certain standards. In my experience, within the first month of playing the game, first the drum pads started falling apart from repeated use, and then finally after a few rounds of “Battery” by Metallica and “This Calling” by All That Remains, the bass pedal snapped under my foot. Thankfully the sharp piece of metal that was ...

• Rock Band 2 game
      sticking up didn’t pierce my foot as I was playing it in socks at the time it happened. However, I cannot fault them for being dependable when it comes to providing replacements…for the most part. It did take me about a month to get replacements sent back to me. Since then, nothing has broken again, but at the same time we don’t play it as much either anymore, and we took extra precautions (meaning spent more money for more extras). Also, to get a really good drum kit you would end up shelling out an additional $300, which I would personally have to say is overkill. As for the guitar and the microphone, they both do what they were meant to do and do it well. So far, from being used by me, my nephew, and my niece, the guitar and microphone have performed well and have yet to show any signs of wearing down or
      breaking.

Replayability: 10/10

Even though I have already played every single song on this game, it still keeps me coming back for more…it still demands my attention for hours upon hours. Sometimes it’s just because a song is so hard on expert, that I play it time and time again hoping that eventually I will get perfect on it; other times it is because I love playing the song so much that I want to play it again, or I want to try playing guitar and singing it. So many different reasons to keep playing this game exist, and I have a feeling that they will for a long time to come as well.

Overall, I give this game a 10/10, because even for us hardcore gamers, this game is still enjoyable, and is well worth the initial investment. Give it a try; I would hope that you would be thoroughly pleased with your purchase of Rock Band 2 as well.

Rock Band 2 game

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281505699590631/k2311a0515/5.15.09