TMNT movie  » Movies  »
  • The movie is not too long and it's definitely not too short
  • I liked that the past teenage mutant ninja turtle games were real-life looking, but was disappointed that this particular TMNT was animated
  • I think the writers and producers could have put a little more thought into building up the plot of the movie, instead of just going with anything, like they did in this movie
  • Overall, I would gladly recommend this movie to anyone who is a fan of the TMNT series of movies

• by Rachelle

TMNT is the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie and is fully animated. The characters in this movie are played/voiced by Chris Evans, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Mako, Patrick Stewart, Nolan North, Mikey Kelley, James Arnold Taylor and Mitchell Whitfield among others. This movie revolves around the turtle brothers growing apart from one another, trying to save the world and trying to regain the bond of brotherhood they once had.

I liked that the actors who

voiced this movie sounded like the original actors in the first movie. Another great thing about this movie is that it is greatly suited for people of all ages.

The movie is not too long and it’s definitely not too short. It’s just the right length.

While there are indeed many great things about this movie there were a few things that I did not like. I did not like that the movie was fully ...

• animated.

I liked that the past teenage mutant ninja turtle games were real-life looking, but was disappointed that this particular TMNT was animated. I felt let-down.

Another thing about this movie that I did not like was that I did not like the plot. I liked that the brothers had to regain their brotherhood bond, but I did not like who there enemies were or the way they had to supposedly save the world.

I

think the writers and producers could have put a little more thought into building up the plot of the movie, instead of just going with anything, like they did in this movie. Overall, I would gladly recommend this movie to anyone who is a fan of the TMNT series of movies.

I only warn that you may be hugely disappointed as this particular movie is not like the previous series of teenage mutant ninja turtle movies.

Patrick Benjamin says :

re : Overall, I would gladly recommend this movie to anyone who is a fan of the TMNT series of movies
    The first TMNT, released in 1990, combined existing animatronics with high-drama fight choreography and was set against a gritty, 80s-era New York City years before Guliani began his campaign to disinfect the city.

In the late 200s, the ubiquity of CGI took hold and hasn’t let go.

As studios and filmmakers realized that practical effects were too time-consuming, dangerous, and, most relevantly, expensive, their ability to create an entire universe with teams of CGI artists had them buying green screens in bulk.

The aesthetic of 2007’s animated TMNT feature is closer to a video game than its animated contemporaries. Compare TMNT with these other animated features released in 2007: the smart and heart-driven Ratatouille, the bold and pioneering Persepolis, the maybe unnecessary, but certainly iconic and quite hilarious The Simpsons Movie, or the transgressive and intentionally weird Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters.

Each of these has its own distinct animation style that even a populist audience subconsciously respects for its authenticity.

Also released in 2007, Alvin and the Chipmunks is the closest relative to TMNT in the late 2000s. Both try to hang their hats on snarky jokes and as-smooth-as-possible but still cartoonish design, and stimulation likely meant to keep very young children engaged.

Major motion pictures are products, but the better ones do a better job hiding that fact.

Din Asotic says :

I would also recommend everyone who is a TMNT fan to see this movie. I mean, when I first watched it I really loved it. It is just a type of movie you watch when you are bored. Nothing to special these days but overall a pretty fun flick.

Torrin O Perry says :

This was so good of a movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111505699120131/k2311a0515/5.15.09