Chicco Happy Snack High Chair
2.0
  • The seat pad I think is made of vinyl and is again is very easy to clean and doesn't stain
  • At the store, I thought that the large storage basket underneath will be a great feature to put toys and other baby stuff
  • For this reason, I would not recommend this product

• by Kela

Product: Chicco Happy Snack High Chair

Price: Bought for Peso 4,999. We availed of 0% installment for 6 months at Baby & Co. which made it very easy on the pocket.

The good: When it came to buying a high chair we wanted a product that is compact, easy to clean, and most importantly safe.

We don’t have a lot of space in our house so we always store away the high chair when not in use, and the standing fold feature of this high chair is a winner. We really like how simple it is to and how it becomes very compact when folded. Plus it has wheels so it’s very easy to drag it to the side and store. There

are locks on the wheels so the chair doesn’t move about when it’s being used.

We also like how easy it is to clean. The tray is easy to remove and we just wash it on the kitchen sink. The seat pad I think is made of vinyl and is again is very easy to clean and doesn’t stain. However, the seatpad piping and the security straps that are made of the same material do stain. We normally just wipe the chair down with soapy water and an antibacterial solution. But for stains, the seatpad and straps can all be removed so you can wash or soak if needed.

The chair is also solid, stable, and sturdy with a wide base.

• It has a five-point harness and a molded plastic post which keeps the baby from slipping out from under the tray. Note: Since turning a year old, my baby is refusing to be strapped in to her seat. So the post is a huge help.

The Bad: At the store, I thought that the large storage basket underneath will be a great feature to put toys and other baby stuff. However, the basket is a just magnet for crumbs and other bits of food so we never really use it for storage.

Lastly, the dealbreaker one time when my baby was in the chair the seat tilted all the way back! Luckily she was a year old

then and was sitting up on her own and did not fall down. Turns out, the seat wasn’t fully locked into place. Since it was usage error, we continued using the chair but with the added precaution of ensuring that the seat is firmly locked in place (the red clips are inside the groove and not visible), and that the baby is strapped in (despite all manner of protests), and it has never happened again.

For this reason, I would not recommend this product. We were just fortunate the way it turned out but imagine if that had happened to a smaller baby! Other parents also might not be as vigilant with their use. I give this product 4 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541505698870131/k2311a0515/5.15.09