Marie Callender’s Turkey Breast with Stuffing  » Food  »
2.5
  • It's not because of taste, but because of one part of the meals that I don't like -- the gravy
  • This is the first time I'm really disappointed in the volume of the food

• by Orrymain

I’ve eaten other Marie Callender turkey products before, but they aren’t big favorites, though. In fact, I purchase them sparingly. It’s not because of taste, but because of one part of the meals that I don’t like — the gravy. This specific item, Marie Callender’s Turkey Breast with Stuffing, is big on gravy, and I’m just not a gravy person.

The quality of the product is very good. Marie Callender’s is consistent with that regard. Included in this meal

are pieces of turkey breast, lots of stuffing, a side of mashed potatoes, and plenty of green beans. As indicated, there’s also a lot of gravy, much to my chagrin. The gravy is everywhere, too. It’s mixed in with the stuffing, it’s all over the turkey slices, and it’s bordering and seeping into the potatoes. This doesn’t work for me.

What also doesn’t work is the handful of pieces of turkey breast. There are just a few.

• It’s like they are the accessory to the stuffing, and not the other way around. They need an increased amount of of turkey. Put it all together and it’s not even one decent slice of turkey. This is the first time I’m really disappointed in the volume of the food. The taste is there, but the proportion of what is included is off.

Plus, the gravy is overpowering for someone who doesn’t like it. I keep looking for

a good meal without the gravy. Someone had said there was one where the gravy was in a packet, but I haven’t been able to find that one yet. I keep hoping I will. I also wish, at the very least, the the potatoes had their own compartment so that it could be kept free of the gravy.

So, if you love gravy, you’ll probably like this product. However, don’t look for a lot of turkey breast; it’s just not there.

Marie Callender's Turkey Breast with Stuffing

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271505698311231/k2311a0515/5.15.09