Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • I felt that application was awkward as the integral brush is actually rather scratchy which irritates the skin on your face

• by Mimi Jay

Oh dear! Much as I’d like to be able to say good things about Revlon’s ColorStay Mineral Foundation I can’t. Sadly it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

Rather than work as a stand-alone make-up base it’s more useful as a powder.

Which kind of defeats the object.

It

doesn’t really give smooth overall coverage or even out minor blemishes and I personally found it rather dry - it gives a sort of fluffy powdery finish, which really doesn’t look great.

I felt that application was awkward as the integral brush is actually rather scratchy which irritates the skin ...

• on your face.

It claims to last up to 16 hours, but as the product doesn’t cover well in the first place this is a bit of a lame boast.

I’ve got a pot of it lurking in my make-up bag which I never use now having since discovered Max

Factor’s Natural Minerals Foundation which is far superior and the brush with this product is nice to use and beautifully soft which makes for easy and smooth application.

I’ll review the Max product separately and would advise anyone thinking about mineral make-up for the first time to steer clear of Revlon’s ColorStay.

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311405697771131/k2311a0514/5.14.09