Pentax K100 digicamera
  • I'd been a Canon devotee for years, thinking myself highly advanced and technologicaly blessed when I bought one of the first of the anaolgue EOS range way back when

• by Mimi Jay

For those of you who, like me, were reticent about making the jump into the world of digital photography the Pentax K100 is perfect. I’d been a Canon devotee for years, thinking myself highly advanced and technologicaly blessed when I bought one of the first of the anaolgue EOS range way back when.

It was my love of

that camera that persuaded me to go with the Pentax K100 more recently.

In fact, I actually stated my need for a ‘digital camera that looks and feels and behaves like a ‘real’ one’.

and the K100 was what the camera shop guy recommended.

I can’t be the only one who doesn’t want a camera the size of ...

• a credit card and finding the K100 was enlightening indeed, I had wrongly assumed that all digitals would be miniscule things that were, while ‘cleverly’ small, awkward to operate and more a gimic than a tool to be taken seriously.

The K100 from Pentax does everything you’d want it to do, perhaps it’s only tiny little downfall is its

lack of video facility, which many digicameras now feature, and the fact that viewing for lining up shots is done through the viewfinder without the option of composing on the display screen.

Other than that it is perfection.

It also takes regular AA batteries which is always good news when lithiums can be hard to find in some places.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431405697651131/k2311a0514/5.14.09