Sun Cellular  » Cellular services  »
Philippines
  • I think I will not stop using this and in fact convincing my other non-Sun contacts to switch to Sun Cellular too

• by ladyli

The SUN CELLULAR is one of the Philippines’ leading mobile telecommunications companies. This company launched its wireless mobile services in March, 2003 by offering the latest in GSM technology, provisioning voice services (local, national, and international calls), text messaging services, outbound and inbound International Roaming, and Value Added Services. Sun Cellular also opened up the intra-network unlimited wireless services in the Philippines via its 24/7 Call and Text Unlimited and 24/7 Text Unlimited. This mobile communication gave its giant competitors a run for their money because many people were attracted to the unbelievable low priced packages it has been offering to the public. Its comparatively lower prices or shall I say more reasonably priced products and services to its subscribers are commendable. While they started with very limited network area coverage, lately after five years, Sun Cellular has significantly increases its network coverage to key cities and provinces such as Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Pampanga, Batangas, Nueva Ecija, Cebu, Bacolod, Iloilo, Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Zamboanga, and General Santos.

I have lately joined to craze

to use Sun Cellular because my family, friends and relatives have already joined the craze. I subscribed to their Plan 2000 deal using the profile Call & Text Unlimited P350 to local Sun-to-Sun calls and/or texts only and P1, 650 Remaining Consumable (for all calls, except Operator-assisted calls) plus 600 FREE SMS to other networks. For this I got a free Nokia E51 mobile phone. Isn’t that great!

Actually, I used to be thankful to Sun Cellular even before availing its services because this company gave a very stiff competition to other giant Telecom companies, so they were forced to offer as well a lower deal in order to compete with Sun. To date though, the Sun Cellular is still the most reasonably priced and is still unmatched. For Prepaid subscribers, it offers Call & Text Unlimited (CTU) 25 which allows subscribers to enjoy 24 hours of intra-network unlimited voice call and SMS for only P25 or less than $1 per day. It has recently offered, CTU Combo 10 which offers 10 minutes ...

• of intra-network voice call, 40 intra-network SMS, and 10 inter-network SMS for only P10 for one whole day. These exciting products and more are made available through Xpressload - SUN’s electronic loading system. It also has the Sun Group Plans for Postpaid business. Families and small medium enterprises get 3 postpaid lines with 3 free handsets plus monthly Call and Text Unlimited with just a single line application for only P999 ($25) per month.

I am most thankful to Sun Cellular for its SUN IDD 10 which is so far the most affordable mobile IDD service in the country today. This IDD 10 charges a very minimal amount of $0.10 per minute only for international calls to the United States, China, Hong Kong, Canada, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Guam and Macau. With this SUN IDD 10 deal I can now get in touch with my childhood friend in Canada, with another very good friend in Hong Kong and a relative in Guam without having to worry so much about the high telephone tolls that I once used to pay using the PLDT

line.

Surely, I would say Sun Cellular is phenomenal! However there is one thing to consider. The benefits of using Sun Cellular are maximized if your contacts are also using the Sun Cellular. I am happy that my family and most of my friends and contacts are Sun subscribers too. The downside here is that my other friends who are Globe and Smart Subscribers are having hard time contacting me in my Sun Cellular line. I also noted that my text messages for Globe and Smart Subscribers are always delayed. There was one time that I sent a message at 8:00 pm and it was received after 3 hours by a Smart Subscriber. This is the reason why I still have to maintain my Smart SIM for important messages and calls to Smart and Globe subscribers. But because most of my contacts are Sun users too most, I have been using this mostly and saving a lot on mobile phone expenses. I think I will not stop using this and in fact convincing my other non-Sun contacts to switch to Sun Cellular too.

Sun Cellular

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221305697460231/k2311a0513/5.13.09