Sony Cybershoot MPEG Movie VX
  • When I bought this camera I wanted it as a basic replacement for my old camera, and liked the fact that it was a digital camera too and that I could record video's on there
  • I like to take several pictures, then transport them from my camera to my computer, so I can then wipe them from the camera, and save my memory
  • The only problems I have encountered with the camera are that when trying to transfer photo's and video's from the camera to my laptop, I found I couldn't do it because I didn't have the right software, so I had to buy it, and this was an added expense
  • Another issue I found was that it is difficult to change the film on the camera, it is fiddly, and takes several minutes, but other than this I love the camera and am glad I bought it

• by myworkforcecdp

The Cybershot MPEG movie VX is a digital camera from Sony, and is available for between around $60-100 USD if you shop around online. When I bought this camera I wanted it as a basic replacement for my old camera, and liked the fact that it was a digital camera too and that I could record video’s on there.

What I liked about the camera was that

the quality of the pictures and video’s is fantastic, and it stores a lot for the size of the camera. I like to take several pictures, then transport them from my camera to my computer, so I can then wipe them from the camera, and save my memory.

I like the small case that the camera comes in as well as the look of the camera itself,

• it is smart, sleek and shiny, and it is relatively small so will fit in a pocket fairly comfortably. I like the silver finish to it, and feel like it is very easy to use also.

The only problems I have encountered with the camera are that when trying to transfer photo’s and video’s from the camera to my laptop, I found I couldn’t do it because

I didn’t have the right software, so I had to buy it, and this was an added expense. However, the camera is cheap enough anyway so I didn’t mind. Another issue I found was that it is difficult to change the film on the camera, it is fiddly, and takes several minutes, but other than this I love the camera and am glad I bought it.

lee wright says :

what do you do if the screen will not work.

Jules Li says :

Sometimes a blank picture can become stuck on the screen, which can cause it to appear blank. I suggest powering it off and removing the battery. Once you’re done, power it back on. This basically refreshes the software. If the problem persists, it likely means that the screen is defective. You should contact Sony to have it repaired under your warranty if you still have one.

maryann says :

I don`t understand why the camera won`t stay on to take the picture

Jules Li says :

Maryann, it’s possible that there could be a problem with the battery. You should plug it into the charger, and try taking a picture. If it doesn’t happen while on the charger, it likely means the battery is defective.

Allan Hooper says :

Hi i have a 4.1 MEGA PIXELS camera. I am looking for a manual to download.

Jules Li says :

Go to esupport.sony.com. Go under cameras. Locate the model number. You’re able to download the manual here.

myworkforcecdp replies :

Jules, Your response to various queries is wonderful and its highly appreciable. You seem to be a real helping hand on reviewstream.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431305697021031/k2311a0513/5.13.09