El Sol De Mexico  » Travel  »
705 N Texas Ave Bryan, TX 77803
  • If you fish the chips then they will ask you if you want more and bring it to you free of charge which I love
  • What I like about this is there is no catch and you are not billed anything extra
  • This will only cost you $5.00 which is the best price I have found in the city and the salsa is amazing

• by rich

One thing that Texas is famous for is having a lot of Mexican people and this results in a ton of Mexican restaurants. Being that I am from New York and love Mexican food, I try to at least give every Mexican place a shot when I am in town. I can tell you that most Mexican places in Texas are a lot better than those that you find in New York and that makes me willing to try almost any place when I am actually in Texas on travels.

The thing that I find with most restaurants in Texas are that they fall into one of two groups. Either their food is not good at all or their prices are very high so that you

can not afford to eat there if you are on a budget.

Well, El Sol De Mexico is the exception to that rule because it does not really have any problems at all. What I mean to say is that I tried this place by chance one day and found the food to be very good and the food prices to be very reasonable.

There is also a large selection of food that is inexpensive so that you can go here to get a meal if you have just $5 in your pocket. You have to admire prices like that.

Also, the waitress will bring you free chips and two salsas as soon as you sit down. If you fish the chips then they will ask ...

• you if you want more and bring it to you free of charge which I love.

Also, if you go here for lunch during a weekday then you will get free cheese with the chips. What I like about this is there is no catch and you are not billed anything extra.

It is actually free and if you want more you just need to ask. That is a negative to me because they will not ask you but if you want more chips or cheese and ask they will not say no.

The food is good and the meat is fresh, I usually get a torta which is a Mexican sandwich and it only costs $3 for a pretty large serving. I find this serving

to be filling and if you are not full you can always drink and eats chips.

This will only cost you $5 which is the best price I have found in the city and the salsa is amazing. The negatives to this restaurant are that if you order a meat plate then you will get mostly fat.

Also, their waitresses are pretty young so that means their service usually sucks so much that you will find it hard to get a refill of your drink. However, this will probably save you money on the top and the food is so great that I go back where whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

If you are looking for good food at low prices then this is for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381105696020231/k2311a0511/5.11.09