Orange County, CA
0.5
  • The problem is that these are just TV shows and they are far from reality
  • I thought New York was expensive but California is just outrageous
  • I found it to be annoying because they walked around and went in store after store spending all this money and looking down on me because I didn't marry some rich guy
  • I did not feel comfortable going in the water and I did not have millions to spend so I found Orange County pretty boring

• by rich

This is a place that I heard so much about in various shown on TV such as The OC or the show about the house wives and it gives the impression that Orange Country is the place to be. It provided an expectation that there would be a lot to do and so this is what I expected when I went to visit my friend who now lives here. The problem is that these are just TV shows and they are far from reality.

When I got there I did not like it right away, it was July and the weather was very hot. I would say it was about 100 degrees and I was sweating very much, I suggested that we go out to eat

at a Carino’s pizza and I must say that it was a mistake.

The reason for this is that the meal ran me about $30 for nothing more than a simple plain cheese pizza and some drinks. Apparently everything in California costs an arm and a leg which is something nobody told me before I had come here.

I am from New York where the prices are very high but I could probably eat at a local restaurant in New York about three times and spend the same. I thought New York was expensive but California is just outrageous.

All of the females were walking around with mini dresses and an endless amount of shopping bags. You would think that they just hit the lotto but ...

• my friend said they were just spending money given to them by their parents.

I found it to be annoying because they walked around and went in store after store spending all this money and looking down on me because I didn’t marry some rich guy. As far as things to do other then shopping there is only the beach which was pretty crowded.

This was something I found weird because Orange County is supposed to be super exclusive and there were all these people that looked homeless on the beach. We went to the beach as the sun was going down and these people were walking around stalking others and basically planning an attack on them.

We had to buy some pepper spray for protection

and keep it on us so that we would not get attacked. The most annoying part of this was that we could not actually use the beach because of these people walking around and us being worried about our safety.

When the lifeguard was there I found the beach to be less crowded but still pretty dirty with litter. I did not feel comfortable going in the water and I did not have millions to spend so I found Orange County pretty boring.

I also noticed some gang members in the streets and decided to end my trip by going home early, I don’t see why people love this place it is boring and not a place I would ever suggest if you are looking for a vacation.

Orange County, CA

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381105695930231/k2311a0511/5.11.09