Nokia Theatre At Grand Prairie, TX  » Entertainment  »
1.5
1001 Performance Place (Nextstage Drive)
  • Ever since I was young I was always looking for ways to see famous people in person and when I got older I figured that the best way for you to meet them is to go see them live
  • Since I am a huge Chris Rock fan I decided that I would give it a shot and I traveled the six hours that it took to get here
  • Now the problem with that is I was very hungry when I got to the venue and the line outside was very long
  • Now I mentioned how I was very hungry but when I got in the lobby I was disappointed to find that there was no food to be found
  • If you are thinking about it then I do not suggest you travel here, it was a waste of time and I love Chris but it took long to get there and the seating was horrible of you consider the price that I paid for the tickets

• by rich

Ever since I was young I was always looking for ways to see famous people in person and when I got older I figured that the best way for you to meet them is to go see them live. Every since I have grown up I would go see about six shows a year on average. I would either go see live music acts like Kanye West or go see a comedian like Chris Rock perform.

He has always been one of my favorites and so I figured I would spend the money to go and see him live and listen to some new material. I was not able to get pre sale tickets to his concert because I had been busy with work and so

the only place that still had tickets available to see him was this venue that I had never been to.

Also, as a practice I do not like going to new places because I already know plenty of good places to go. Since I am a huge Chris Rock fan I decided that I would give it a shot and I traveled the six hours that it took to get here.

Now the problem with that is I was very hungry when I got to the venue and the line outside was very long. I had to wait about thirty minutes to get inside and I just felt as if the employees could have been better organized to move the line along and get everyone seated ...

• within minutes.

Instead the employees were standing around inside and doing nothing at all which made the line move very slow and resulted in a wait time that was not needed and could have easily been moved along by the employees. Now I mentioned how I was very hungry but when I got in the lobby I was disappointed to find that there was no food to be found.

I just wanted to eat a hamburger but there was no food available and so I had to watch the show and deal with my hunger. There was also a wait time before Chris went on stage which I found to be annoying because my stomach hurt.

Another thing I did not like was that the

sound quality was not very good, it was hard to hear the show and it was distorted at times. Also, the seats that I had were pretty bad because all I could see were railings for the wheelchair access.

I found it annoying that the people sitting in wheelchairs were blocking my view because I had paid $110 to see Chris and I could not actually see him nor could I hear him and I had the hunger problem. If you are thinking about it then I do not suggest you travel here, it was a waste of time and I love Chris but it took long to get there and the seating was horrible of you consider the price that I paid for the tickets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591105695920231/k2311a0511/5.11.09