Austin, Texas  » Travel  »
  • The show was funny and lasted about two hours in all, he had two warm-up acts and his set was only about an hour but it was worth the $7.00 that I paid to get in per person
  • He was also nice enough to stay after the show and sign autographs for fans which is something that I enjoyed
  • If you do not have much money then there is always something great to do for free or at low cost
  • So I suggest that you park far away and then walk down the block and save the money
  • I even saw a man attack a female for money and my girlfriend was scared, this is not the type of place to walk around at night if you want to avoid all the bums

• by rich

The first time I had been to Austin, TX I was amazed by all the things that I had seen because it is not something you expect. This is a college town that is full of students that are running around and trying to get into bars, the lines for every day on the famous strip are very long and there are cops all of the place. There are also promoters trying to grab you into the establishment and tell you that it costs nothing to get in and that drinks a $1.

Now this is nice for people that drink but since I do not it means nothing to me. I went here to go to Casino Elcamino but since I did not have my ID on

me at the time they did not let me in and the employee was very rude.

So I went to another club that had Ralphie performing live, I had seen him on Top Comedian that was shown on NBC years ago and so I was excited to see him in person. The show was funny and lasted about two hours in all, he had two warm-up acts and his set was only about an hour but it was worth the $7 that I paid to get in per person.

He was also nice enough to stay after the show and sign autographs for fans which is something that I enjoyed. That is in a very short sample of what is great about Houston.

If you do not have ...

• much money then there is always something great to do for free or at low cost. If you have $5 and nothing to do then you can walk down the strip and find some nice live entertainment and waste the time.

Now the annoying things is that there are a lot of parking lots that charge $10 to park which is very expensive and if your just going to see a show that is $7 or going to eat then it becomes quite expensive. So I suggest that you park far away and then walk down the block and save the money.

The thing is that in addition to these college students there were some thugs hanging around in dark areas that were really low lit and so

I was scared to park anywhere close to them. The people also look like they were up to no good and my girlfriend was scared.

What I liked about Austin is that there were cops riding around on Horses which is something I had never seen and it is something I still remember. As I said it is cheaper if you walk to wherever you are going but you should know that there are a lot of homeless people all around this city and they come up to you and ask you for money.

I even saw a man attack a female for money and my girlfriend was scared, this is not the type of place to walk around at night if you want to avoid all the bums.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381105695880231/k2311a0511/5.11.09