Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel  » Hotels  »
    • Item: Westin Peachtree Hotel Location: Downtown Atlanta by: Famous

When a friend came into town on business, she invited me to her hotel for a few drinks. That hotel was the Westin Peachtree. I believe I’ve visited once, but only in the lobby for a function.

This time, I traveled all the way up past 50 floors

to visit her. She had a single room with a king bed.

And I can say that I was extremely jealous that she got to stay in such a nice place. The windows in this hotel are massive–floor to ceiling.

And the view is beyond breathtaking. I didn’t realize just how high 50 floors really was.

I must say that I got a slight case of vertigo, as I leaned against the window and watched the ants (cars) shuffling about downstairs. The rooms have a very business-like yet luxurious decor.

Lots of cherry wood, and all the accomodations of a three to four star hotel. My friend did tell ...

• Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel
      me that the room service according to her–sucked.

She said that she ordered some type of sandwich–and for the price she was extremely disappointed in the quality of the food. I would think that a posh hotel such as this would have better cuisine for the money.

No such luck. At any rate, this hotel is really nice.

The lobby is like a labyrinth. I actually got lost looking for the parking deck entrance.

The placement of the hotel is smack dab in the middle of the city. So food service isn’t really an issue, as there are tons of restaurants around.

If I were in town on business, I’d want to stay there.

lovingsinclaire says :

Hi Famous, how often do you come down to Atlanta? I use to live in Atlanta three years ago and plan on moving back someday. The westin hotel stands very tall and does it still spin inside at the top were the bar area is? What time of the year you were at the westin hotel and at that time of your visit, how much did you have to pay and for how many days did you stay exactly. I know you said for the weekend but was it a long weekend? Are you planning on staying back at the westin hotel when you come back to visit?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2160769580231/k2311a0716/7.16.06