Stubhub: Ticketing Services  » Business  »
2.5
  • The purpose of using Stubhub is to enable you to find the best possible tickets to events that may not be sold out
  • There are many problems that I find with this website, first there is the problem that people sell their tickets for up to $1000 over retail price
  • The problem is that Stubhub has become something that is much like Ebay and so this means that the prices to very popular events like the Super Bowl can cost you an arm and a leg
  • I like the service, I have used it twice and once I did not get my tickets and I was not given a refund but the tickets that I did get the other time were great

• by rich

Stabhub is a ticketing service that was developed to be an alternative to Tickmaster service. It offers buyers the option to get tickets to events around the world that are now sold out. They do have events and tickets to events that are not sold out but they mainly focus on events that are sold out.

The purpose of using Stubhub is to enable you to find the best possible tickets to events that may not be sold out. They also offer an option to get a seat to an event that you would not otherwise be able to get for the reason that you were not quick enough to buy the tickets online.

There are many problems that I find with this website, first there

is the problem that people sell their tickets for up to $1000 over retail price. What this means for buyers is that you will need to pay a lot for the events that you really want to go to if you are not lucky enough to get them at the box office.

Or for example, say I wanted front row tickets to a play then I would need to go to Stubhub and find a ticket that I could afford. The problem is that Stubhub has become something that is much like Ebay and so this means that the prices to very popular events like the Super Bowl can cost you an arm and a leg.

A positive is that you have the ability to get ...

• sold out tickets and it is nice to get a seat to the event. It is also nice that you will be able to buy them for a birthday present for someone special but the prices can be very large.

Now, another problem is that even when you find an event that is not that expensive you are hit with a ton of fees in order to complete the transaction. One of the charges that they add is a shipping fee that costs $15 for the person to mail you the tickets via Fed Ex.

While this is a nice service you must realize that $15 per a ticket is very expensive when you are trying to buy a ticket that may originally cost $20 for

example. So if you buy any ticket from this service then you can expect to pay at least double what you would have paid if you got the ticket through the box office.

Many tickets are more expensive but at least double is something I have paid in the past. It is also annoying that you have to pay $15 for each ticket shipping when they could easily ship the tickets together.

The service sometimes has discounts for Mets tickets that are not selling well but overall this is an expensive service. I like the service, I have used it twice and once I did not get my tickets and I was not given a refund but the tickets that I did get the other time were great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411105695790231/k2311a0511/5.11.09