Cascadian Farm Organic Chewy Granola Bars Fruit and Nut
  • I believe it is increasingly more important to mind your health and what you eat as you get older
  • When I came across Cascadian Farm Organic Chewy Granola Bars Fruit and Nut in my local grocery store, they looked good so I decided to try them
  • I must say that I find them to be quite delicious
  • I love the texture and feel of them in my mouth when I eat one
  • I like that these bars are healthy and do not contain any chemicals or other such undesirable things

• by betsyraeduke

As I am getting older, I am gradually becoming more and more health conscious of what I eat. I believe it is increasingly more important to mind your health and what you eat as you get older. For this reason I try to keep a variety of healthier type snacks on hand. Sometimes I like to try different things. When I came across Cascadian Farm Organic Chewy Granola Bars Fruit and Nut in my local grocery store, they looked good so I decided to try them. I must say that I find them to be quite delicious.

Cascadian Farm Organic Granola bars do not have any artificial flavors or genetically engineered ingredients added. These bars also do not have high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated products in them. This is a good thing as this means that these bars are healthier then other ordinary granola bars.

Cascadian Farm Organic Granola bars are delightful, whole grain bars which contain almonds, cranberries, sunflower seeds and raisins. Yummy! These bars come six to a box and are moderately priced

at just under $4.00 a box.

The nutritional information and ingredients for these granola bars are as follows:

These bars contain 140 calories per bar, thirty five of these calories are from fat. The total fat grams per bar are 4g made up from 0.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 1g polyunsaturated fat and 1.5g mono unsaturated fat. These bars contain no cholesterol, 100mg of sodium and 130mg of potassium. The total amount of carbohydrates is 24g. Dietary fiber is 1g, sugar is 12g and there is 2g of protein in each bar.

The ingredients are rice maltodextrin, soy lecithin, baking soda, vanilla extract, raisins, almonds, honey, sunflower seeds, brown rice, dried cranberries, sugar, sea salt, malt extract, tapioca syrup, crisp rice and rolled oats.

I find the flavor of these granola bars to be delightfully wonderful. There is a slight, sweet taste to them, but not an overly sugary flavor like that of a candy bar. One thing which I really like about these granola bars is that there is not an icky aftertaste like some other ...

• granola bars leave behind. Also, these granola bars are immensely satisfying. Usually all it takes is one bar to hold me over for quite a considerable amount of time. These bars are quite soft and very chewy. I love the texture and feel of them in my mouth when I eat one. It is quite delightful and adds to the whole experience if you ask me.

In conclusion, these are not the cheapest granola bars that money can buy, but healthier foods usually do cost a little more. However, when you consider what you might be saving in future medical bills by maintaining a healthy lifestyle along with healthy eating habits, I would say that paying the little bit extra that these bars cost is well worth it. I for one, find these bars to be very satisfying and have a quite delicious flavor. I like that these bars are healthy and do not contain any chemicals or other such undesirable things. These bars are a tasty, yet healthy snack that will keep you satisfied for

a considerable amount of time. Also these bars could be used as a simple, fast breakfast if you are in a hurry and/or do not have time to prepare a more elaborate breakfast. One of these granola bars is considerably more satisfying then a bowl of cold cereal as well.

One thing to keep in mind is that these bars are quite soft and therefore easily smashed. So if you are stuffing a few in your pocket or wherever to take with you in case you get the urge for a snack while running errands or something of that nature, you may want to take care to choose a spot for them where nothing that will smash them will come in contact with them. Of course these bars are still edible even if they are smashed, but if you are anything like me, you probably find a smashed granola bar seems less appetizing than one that is solid and completely in tact. In any case, these are a delightful, wonderful snack which is healthy and good for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271105695390131/k2311a0511/5.11.09