Good Night And Good Luck movie  » Movies  »
  • I noticed that throughout the film, cigarettes held symbolism
  • I suggest that if one is deeply interested about the topic of communism in America, Good Night, and Good Luck would be an exceptional movie to watch
  • I think many people in the theatre liked it since they applauded after the movie was over since that was how television was decades ago
  • I definitely enjoyed the film since it held suspense till the end and because it was comical sometimes

• by cricfan1991

An abundant of people denounce against movies since they judge that films are just made for entertainment and they spoil a child’s mind. I oppose this thought since many films today are educational which teach us history from over hundreds of years ago. Good Night, and Good Luck is not just an ordinary film. It is a cultural documentary that educates us about the role of communism in the 1950’s. Although the movie is full of drama, there are scenes that hold comedy to make it more appealing and not tedious.

Manifold of the senior citizens would enjoy this film since it had taken place in their lifetime. The entire theatre was full of elderly people except me. The black and white film, Good Night, and Good Luck is one of the most aloof movies I have seen since it conveys the threat of spreading communism in America, which I had no idea what it was about. Edward Murrow has the most relevant role in Good Night, and Good Luck.

He

is the host of a CBS sponsored show every Tuesday night for an hour in which he supports the citizens who are blamed to be communists. Every show, Edward and his crew would scrutinize clips and present them on television to prove that the person cannot be a communist. I liked how the show would end every time by Edward, who would say, “Good night, and good luck. ” Hearing this phrase in his tone symbolizes that he was serious and candid in his presentation.

The man who always supported him was Fred Friendly. He would constantly be besides Murrow helping him prepare for the show and supporting him in everyway. The performance of these two men was glooming and outstanding throughout the film. Although the film was overall dramatic, there were many comedy scenes added.

One of my favorite scenes was when Edward was about to do a solemn show and he commanded to turn off the phones, so there would be no disrupting calls. As soon as the successful show ...

• ended, it appeared to be a failure since no one called. As everyone became angry as well as depressed, a man asked, “Should I turn the phones back on?” The entire theatre was filled with laughter. The show was then a success to them since it received a bountiful of calls.

Comedy was added to this film so even young people could enjoy it and be entertained. I noticed that throughout the film, cigarettes held symbolism. Even while doing shows, Edwards would be smoking to ease off the pressure. Even when the crew celebrated after each successful show, everyone would be smoking to enjoy the moment.

Cigarettes were smoked each moment one was either nervous or bliss. I also noticed that all the men had their hair oiled all through the film. Appearance was not taken for granted since all significant characters wore suits every day to work. A was fascinated by finding out that they all had to oil their hair to look professional.

The conclusion of movie was touching

to every crew member since they had lost their priorities to host anymore shows. Edward was accused to being a communist by Joe McCarthy who has hostile relations with Edward. I had a clinch that Edward may be accused of communism at the end. McCarthy was then blamed to be a communist due to his accusations of others being one.

I liked how the movie held suspense till the end since the show was cancelled due to the loss of their sponsors. It was a striking ending which I did not expect. I suggest that if one is deeply interested about the topic of communism in America, Good Night, and Good Luck would be an exceptional movie to watch. The only obsession I disliked was that the movie was black and white.

I think many people in the theatre liked it since they applauded after the movie was over since that was how television was decades ago. I definitely enjoyed the film since it held suspense till the end and because it was comical sometimes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111105695280131/k2311a0511/5.11.09