Equilibrium movie  » Movies  »
  • Equilibrium is one of the best movies I have ever watched
  • Its actually the first movie where I saw Christian Bale and I thought at that time that he did a fine job with the lead role
  • What i really love about the movie are the fight scences
  • The concept and the moves are quite interesting since its something new

• by kingpong

Equilibrium is one of the best movies I have ever watched. I have watched it a few times and i still like the movie. It is a futuristic movie starring Christian Bale.

Its actually the first movie where I saw Christian Bale and I thought at that time that he did a fine job with the lead role. The movie is set after the 3rd world war in the city of Librea and humanity is struggling to prevent another war.

So they have created

the Gramaton Cleric, a highly skilled soldier whose task is to implement the law and to eradicate all things that stir human emotions. They have concluded that the origin of all human suffering and war is human emotions, thus they have created drugs to suppress it and laws to destroy things that trigger human emotions like arts and poetry.

The concept of the movie is interesting. We all want war, struggle and poverty to end yet the very essence of humanity is the root ...

• of all human problems.

Family, relationship with people, love, hate, sorrow, anger and all human emotions is the cause of all wars and misery. So in the movie, they created methods and drugs to control human emotion which in the end proved to be ineffective.

In the end, as it is with reality, no drugs, laws can supress human emotion and we humanity will always be faced with wars, anger, death and misery. The movie although futuristic does not show any futuristic robots and

machines.

It also does not show any computer graphics. It only shows upgraded and modified versions of what we presently have like guns and cars.

I think is is quite realistic. What i really love about the movie are the fight scences.

The Gramaton Clerics are a master of “Gun Cutter” a martial arts employing guns as their main weapon. The concept and the moves are quite interesting since its something new.

Over all the movie is worth buying. I will still watch this movie once and awhile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111105695091231/k2311a0511/5.11.09