Canon iP1980 Printer
  • I rarely give ratings this high, but it's spectacular performance is distinguishing compared to my last Lexmark printer, which I think sucked HORRIBLY*

• by victorlinz

For just 66 bucks I got my Canon iP1980 printer. I rarely give ratings this high, but it’s spectacular performance is distinguishing compared to my last Lexmark printer, which I think sucked HORRIBLY*.

* The Lexmark printer was simply a bait to earn more cash (as it was quite cheap). The ink carts dry off before you

get to use them, and you are forced to buy more which are costly and cause considerable annoyance.

Praise for Canon iP1980: -Easy, easy, easy setup! It took me merely five minutes to print my first paper.

-Ink cart lasts for a long time, due to the multi-layer protection built within the printer.

-INK CARTS ARE CHEAP! Costs ...

• around 6 bucks.

-Prints fairly fast, and rarely jams (unless the paper is inserted sideways). The lubrication on the slide is flawless.

-Prints are always perfect- no smudges nor color misprints, unlike the ugly Lexmark I had.

-Easily installed- no need of a complicated CD installation.

-Comes in a sleek, black shell; easily compatible with other furniture

around. The shell is not too large and is lightweight.

-Warranty of two years!

Cons: - 66 bucks can sometimes be an unaffordable price for some people.

- Black is its only color.

- The tape on the package is hard to take off.

This printer earns my respect- I’m sure it’ll earn yours… The only missing function would be it doesn’t scan. Canon totally rules out Lexmark on this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161105694911231/k2311a0511/5.11.09