Discovery Bay in Hong Kong  » Travel  »
Lantau Island, Hong Kong
  • However, the place where my aunt live is totally different from anyone has even seen in pictures or television

• by Kendrick Chua

My family and I frequently visit Hong Kong. That’s because my late grandmother and my aunt and uncles reside there. Thus, I am very familiar with the environment and culture.

If I’ll ask anyone to paint a picture of Hong Kong residence, they’ll pretty sure to come up with high rise buildings and apartments. True, that’s what Hong Kong properties are. Owning a house and lot is too expensive

for the middle-income earner.

However, the place where my aunt live is totally different from anyone has even seen in pictures or television. She lives in Discovery Bay situated in Lantau Island several miles off the coast of Hong Kong Island.

It is one of the more exclusive and expensive properties in Hong Kong. That’s because it is located near the beach and Discovery Bay houses its own plaza ...

• complete with Restaurants, Bookstores, Coffee Shops, Supermarkets and Pet Stores. As a result, some properties reach as much as $30M HKD or a whopping Ps. 180M pesos!

The air is also the complete opposite of that in the city proper. Tree and plants contribute a huge part in the clear air but the efforts of the administrators also help. The only transportation allowed is their own shuttles and busses.

Residents only take that to go from one place to another or ride their own bike or golf cart which happens to be priced at 7M Pesos. Yes, I’m not exaggerating.

Furthermore, they also have regular activities for the Discovery Bay residents which is compose of Westerners, Hong Kong citizens and Filipinos.

I have always love staying there and I look every year in spending my Christmas in Discovery Bay

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381105694771231/k2311a0511/5.11.09