Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Adapter for PC (Windows)  » Games  »
  • I'm not a PC Gamer, per se--as I prefer controllers--but I enjoy PC first-person shooters and indie-developed platform games
  • I find using my keyboard detracts from my gaming experience
  • TO sum up what I think, if you play any PC games that you use controllers for, and you have a Xbox 360, this cheap device (19.99) is too little an investment for too large and impact to be ignored

• by MaSTA_SoLIDUS

AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM)

The Microsoft Wireless Controller Adapter for PC is simply on of the most efficient and useful game peripherals I have every encountered. I play a lot of PC games, and control is of vital importance to me. I’m not a PC Gamer, per se–as I prefer controllers–but I enjoy PC first-person shooters and indie-developed platform games. I find using my keyboard detracts from my gaming experience.

This device

is a USB peripheral that allows you to use any Wireless Officially Licensed wireless Xbox 360 controller and use it as a PC controller. It’s easy enough to use; just plug in the device, allow drivers to be automatically installed (it comes with support software as well, and both drivers and software are available through Microsoft should there be a problem with the packaged software), press the ...

• little white ’sync’ button on the device, and connect the controller to the PC the same way you connect it to the 360!

If you play any games that you can use PC controllers, trust me, the Xbox 360 controller is a superior controller for almost every gametype, and if you already have a Xbox 360, it’s value is doubled.

If not, it’s a relatively expensive option compared

to PC USB controllers…but much cheaper than quality PC controllers.

TO sum up what I think, if you play any PC games that you use controllers for, and you have a Xbox 360, this cheap device (19.99) is too little an investment for too large and impact to be ignored.

MaSTA SoLIDUS approved, 9/10.

Chris says :

Can the wireless PC adapter work for gaming emulators, such as Dolphin for Gamecube or even Visualboy Advance for the GBA, on the PC?

MaSTA_SoLIDUS replies :

Yes Chris, the 360 wireless adapter is compatible with most good PC emulators, as it is recognized as a PC Controller or USB Device, depending on your OS . So once plugged in, it should be able to be configured through the emulator to the settings you want. Some emulators do not regconize the analog sticks, however. I am uncertain of which, but most of the popular and most stable emulators do. Just try it out. I know for certain that using your backups on the PC with a 360 controller is a very good way to ensure the original copies of the game you buy are preserved. And that VBA definitely uses the analog.

Donovan says :

The controller is great and iuse for a lot of modern games becuase my laptop is actually smoother and in most cases has better graphics than ps3 or xbox360 but i still love the native control and mechanics of a controller its irritating though when some games like bioshock 2 or instance don’t come with gamepad support so you should always double check before you purchase a game.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281005694420531/k2311a0510/5.10.09