Cosmo Skin Whitening Soap
1.6
  • So I decided to use the soap on just my body and not my face
  • But compared to regular non-whitening soaps it's definitely more expensive
  • It is heavily fragranced, which might also be an issue for people with sensitive skin
  • After 3 days of using the soap, I noticed dead skin cells come off while toweling so the soap is very good at exfoliation maybe due in part to the salicylic acid

• by Kela

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, purified water, caustic soda, palm oil, glycerine, Clair Blanche, Titanium Dioxide, Salicylic acid, perfume, EDTA, Alpha arbutin, L-glutathione, Papaine enzyme, Sodium chloride, BHT

Looking at the ingredients list, 4 items immediately pop out: clair blanche, L-glutathione, alpha arbutin and papaine enzyme - which are all popular ingredients in skin whitening products and it’s definitely a plus that all 4 are in this product. Caustic soda is a common soap ingredient but it’s also a known irritant. So I decided to use the soap on just my body and not my face.

Price: Peso 120 not

bad considering it lasted a whole month with me using it twice a day. But compared to regular non-whitening soaps it’s definitely more expensive.

Packaging: The box is very nice and the soap is wrapped in paper inside of the box. The soap is white, heavy and pretty solid. So there’s a lot of soap at 100g. It is heavily fragranced, which might also be an issue for people with sensitive skin.

The good: The soap smells really nice and it works up to a very rich lather so it’s very easy to use a little goes ...

• a long way. It has a slightly rough texture but that’s alright. After 3 days of using the soap, I noticed dead skin cells come off while toweling so the soap is very good at exfoliation maybe due in part to the salicylic acid. After rinsing and drying, my skin is smoother and softer, even before I put on lotion. So it doesn’t dry the skin which is a good thing. But I also noticed that my skin “stings” a little, so there’s a little bit of irritation but nothing major.

The Bad: It doesn’t say how long

before you see any results when it comes to whitening, but after a month of using it day and night, I haven’t noticed any change in terms of skin color. The texture of my skin definitely improved my skin is softer, smoother but that’s all. I would say it acts more like a “brightener” by bringing up fresh new skin and sloughing off the dull, dead skin. Overall, I really liked the soap; it just didn’t live up to the promise of whitening. For this reason, I’m giving this product a 6 out of 10.

maricar says :

Hi i’m really a fan of whitening soaps, but recently i also started to be concerned about the health safety of its ingredients… isn’t salicylic acid harmful to our health? i’ve read somewhere that it is…i just couldn’t remember what its negative specifics effects are…

junmae says :

The Salicylic Acid is a strong form of chemicals that can also kills bacteria. However, this product causes dryness to the skin that’s why if a soap contains a Salicylic Acid, it might irritate your skin.

Galega says :

There is no denying that Salicylic Acid can be harmful for users. Dermatologists prescribe a product containing it when benefits outweigh associated risks.

opical salicylic acid is used to help clear and prevent pimples and skin blemishes in people who have acne. Topical salicylic acid is also used to treat skin conditions that involve scaling or overgrowth of skin cells such as psoriasis (a skin disease in which red, scaly patches form on some areas of the body), ichthyoses (inborn conditions that cause skin dryness and scaling), dandruff, corns, calluses, and warts on the hands or feet.

Severe itchiness and burning sensation are quite common side effects of Salicylic Acid. You can use it for short period of time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341005694210531/k2311a0510/5.10.09