The Haunted Mansion  » Movies  »
  • That said, the best thing that ever happened to the man was having a family because he started making family films, including The Haunted Mansion

• by Orrymain

I am not an Eddie Murphy fan. I wasn’t fond of him back in the days of Saturday Night Live, and I have never liked his comedy bits. He’s way too out of my comfort zone for acceptable and appropriate comedy. That said, the best thing that ever happened to the man was having a family because he started

making family films, including The Haunted Mansion. Now, I’ve been to Disneyland numerous times and one of my favorite places there is The Haunted Mansion. I wasn’t eager to see that place abused by Murphy in a movie. Thus, I went into this movie with caution. I didn’t need to. I was extremely happy with The Haunted ...

• Mansion.

The film version of the theme park attraction is very loyal to the attraction. I was so amazed. I felt like the movie honored the essence of the Haunted Mansion. It had a neat story, and the special effects were awesome.

Murphy plays a real estate agent who is called to the mansion under the pretense of selling it.

Seeing dollar signs in commission, he takes it on, even though the owners have no real desire to sell.

My absolute favorite bit is actually the very last scene when the Evers family takes off with the singing busts. That is so funny. I could watch that over and over. What a hoot!

The Haunted Mansion is great for adults and kids.

The Haunted Mansion

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111005693970531/k2311a0510/5.10.09