McDonalds Louisville
7426 Third Street Road, Louisville, KY, 40214
  • I think it is better managed than most other McDonalds franchises we have visited in different locations over the years
  • Although most of our experiences have been positive, I do feel compelled to write about one particularly memorable negative experience
  • That thought changed when I examined my receipt and found that she had typed in that I paid in cash
  • I like almost everything on the menu, but my favorites are the Big Mac, the Quarter Pounder, the Fish Sandwich, and of course, the French fries
  • McDonalds probably has the best French fries on the planet

• by shawn the writer

I do not know if I should brag about this, but my family visits the McDonalds on Third Street Road in Louisville, Kentucky, at least twice per month, more often if McDonalds is offering a really cool toy in the Happy Meal, like it is now with the Spider-man toys. Luckily, this McDonalds by our house is well run and we have very few complaints. I think it is better managed than most other McDonalds franchises we have visited in different locations over the years.

The McDonalds on 7436 Third Street Road is freestanding restaurant, including a playground and one of those DVD rental kiosks outside the building. Like most McDonalds, it also features a drive-thru that is open most of the day and night. Although most of our experiences have been positive, I do feel compelled to write about one particularly memorable negative experience.

Recently,

I was going through the drive-thru, paying with my debit card. The worker took my card but gave it back to me almost immediately. I was surprised, but figured that maybe she was just super efficient. That thought changed when I examined my receipt and found that she had typed in that I paid in cash. This obviously sent alarm bells ringing in my head. Did she do something odd with my debit card? Did she enter the information incorrectly? Did I somehow get the wrong receipt? The last option was doubtful, because the receipt included all of the food I had actually ordered.

I asked for the manager to explain what had happened. She confronted the worker and it turned out that the worker had assumed I was going to pay with cash and was just too lazy to change it ...

• on her computer. So she just ran the transaction as a cash transaction, even though I did not give her any cash. She cheated the store out of the entire price of my purchase, which was about $15. I told the manager I was more than willing to pay for my meal, but she refused and told me it was free. I would assume the worker was fired.

Generally speaking, our experiences are very good at this particular McDonalds. The food is usually hot, and our orders are usually accurate. My daughter likes the playground and we will probably end up going there more often this spring when it gets warmer. I like almost everything on the menu, but my favorites are the Big Mac, the Quarter Pounder, the Fish Sandwich, and of course, the French fries. McDonalds probably has the best

French fries on the planet. My daughter absolutely loves the Chicken Nugget Happy Meals, but at least she usually orders milk. We do not allow her to have soda of any kind.

My wife likes the new Southern Style Chicken Sandwich meal with a Doctor Pepper. Of course, she orders Dr. Pepper anywhere we go, even if the establishment does not carry Dr. Pepper. In those cases, she will order the next closest thing. I would add that McDonalds offers great little toys in its Happy Meals. My daughter, with a little prodding from her father, is working on collecting all of the Spider-Man toys presently offered in the Happy Meals.

Our local McDonalds is consistently good, and with the exception of the one bad experience I described above, we have very few complaints. I give our local McDonalds a 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7905693821231/k2311a059/5.9.09