Country Hearth Inn Madison IN
308 Demaree Drive, Madison, Indiana 47250
  • If you happen to be in Madison, Indiana, and do not need things like a swimming pool or in-hotel restaurant, I would highly recommend staying at the Country Hearth Inn
  • This was a nice change and was quite convenient
  • I really enjoyed this service and was quite surprised that such a small and inexpensive hotel offered all of this food

• by shawn the writer

The Country Hearth Inn in Madison, Indiana is an absolutely great deal for the money! I have not been this excited about doing a hotel review in a long time. If you happen to be in Madison, Indiana, and do not need things like a swimming pool or in-hotel restaurant, I would highly recommend staying at the Country Hearth Inn.

The first great thing about the Country Hearth Inn is the price. I needed to be in Madison, Indiana, for business one Saturday. I only needed to stay one night and my needs for a hotel were basically a bed and a shower. I also wanted to find a hotel that was reasonably close to the building where I needed to go for my work. I called around for hotel prices. Holiday Inn wanted to charge me $120. Another lower end

hotel wanted to charge me $80. Then I called Country Hearth Inn, which was in a perfect location for my needs, and was quoted a price of $45, plus tax. My bill ended up being $50.40.

You may wonder what kind of hotel you get for that bargain price. The answer might surprise you. First, my room was very clean. It was a non-smoking room with a queen bed. The bathroom was spotless as was the main living area. The garbage cans were clean, and the surfaces all looked freshly wiped. The bed was comfortable, soft yet not squishy enough to keep me from sleeping. The television was large and the hotel offered almost 60 channels, as many as I have at home.

The Country Hearth Inn does not offer little travel size shampoos and soaps, but does offer ...

• unlimited use of their soaps, lotions, shampoos, body washes and conditioners through use of the pumps in the restroom and the shower. This was a nice change and was quite convenient. It was a lot easier than squeezing these items out of tiny little bottles.

The Country Hearth Inn is a small hotel, and thus all the rooms are less than a minute walk to the main lobby, which features free cookies, coffee and fresh fruit 24 hours per day. I was quite impressed with that! Even better, the Country Hearth Inn provides complimentary breakfast to all of its guests, from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., every day of the week. This was not a simple continental breakfast. The breakfast bar includes juices, milk, donuts, pastries, cereals, fresh waffle batter you can pour into the waffle maker yourself, fresh fruit, English muffins,

yogurt, and even bacons and eggs (that you can cook yourself apparently, although I did not do so). I really enjoyed this service and was quite surprised that such a small and inexpensive hotel offered all of this food!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Country Hearth Inn in Madison, Indiana. The front desk staff was so warm and friendly. These people actually would hold a conversation with you, breaking the stereotype of the crusty third-shift desk clerk. I told the front-desk clerk when I checked out that I would highly recommend the hotel. He told me it had the same star rating as the much more expensive Holiday Inn about a block away. I give the Country Hearth Inn a 9 out of 10! I would give it a 10 but I hate giving 10s because that implies perfection.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2905693811231/k2311a059/5.9.09