Arbys Louisville, KY
321 S. 5th St., Louisville, KY, 40202
  • It is hard to eat there for less than $6.00, which is way too much to spend for lunch, in my opinion
  • Of course, I love even the plain Arbys roast beef sandwich
  • They are heavy and stuffed with delicious cheese
  • The best deal Arbys ever offers is when it advertises for a certain amount of sandwiches for a set price, like five roast beefs for $5.00

• by shawn the writer

I go to the Arbys in downtown Louisville about once per month for lunch. I would go more often, but in case you did not know, Arbys is really expensive for a fast food place! It has to be the most expensive fast food franchise I can name. I usually wait until I have a coupon to go. It is hard to eat there for less than $6.00, which is way too much to spend for lunch, in my opinion.

The Arbys in downtown Louisville is located at 321 S. 5th Street, which is located near the corner of 5th and Liberty Street right next to the gigantic PNC building. The Arbys used to be a Wendys until Wendys moved into Fourth Street Live about two years ago. The seating in the Arbys is pretty cool. The building is small,

so there are only a few tables on the ground level, but there is an upper level where you can eat and look down at the counter below.

Arbys has a lot of great tasting food if you do not mind paying more than you would at McDonalds or Burger King. The new Arbys Roastburgers are simply awesome! They are roast beef sandwiches that taste like hamburgers. Arbys offers three different variations; All-American, Bacon & Cheddar, and Bacon & Bleu. I have tried the All-American, and it was one of the tastiest sandwiches I have ever had at a fast-food restaurant. My wife had the Bacon & Cheddar and really loved it as well! Plus, Arbys is giving out coupons for free sandwiches with the purchase of a large drink, so that makes for a pretty good deal.

Of course, I love ...

• even the plain Arbys roast beef sandwich. There is something so appealing about the thinly sliced roast beef. The sandwiches are healthier than hamburgers, and I love slathering them with Arbys sauce. The Horsey sauce is great too, but it packs more calories.

Arbys has a lot of great side dishes. The fries are good, but the really tasty sides are the jalapeno bites, the cheese sticks and the loaded potato bites. I could just make an entire meal out of those! My favorites are the cheese sticks with marinara sauce. They are heavy and stuffed with delicious cheese. I hate to even know how many calories they pack, but they sure are good!

Arbys also has a lot of fancy things like fancy chicken sandwiches and things like that. Those are the things I rarely order.

My wife is really good at finding coupons which can significantly lower a lunch bill. I just do not understand why Arbys has to be so expensive. Is roast beef really that much more expensive than hamburger? Buns and sauce and potatoes cannot be that expensive. It is almost like Arbys thinks it is a step above other fast food chains, which is really not the case. The best deal Arbys ever offers is when it advertises for a certain amount of sandwiches for a set price, like five roast beefs for $5.00. However, the Arbys downtown does not always participate in those national advertising campaigns, so I would suggest you confirm the price before you pay for your lunch. Arbys has good food but I just wish it was cheaper. I give it a 7 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7905693801231/k2311a059/5.9.09