Wendys Louisville, KY
411 S. 4th St., Louisville, KY, 40202
  • It is one of the best spots in the downtown business district to get a lunch for under $4.00, but because it is located in the high-rent entertainment complex known as Fourth Street Live, the prices are bit higher than for most other Wendys locations
  • I think Wendys has the best chicken nuggets of any fast food chain
  • I like the Wendys Double the best of all of the combo meals

• by shawn the writer

I go to the Wendys in Fourth Street Live in downtown Louisville almost every week. It is one of the best spots in the downtown business district to get a lunch for under $4.00, but because it is located in the high-rent entertainment complex known as Fourth Street Live, the prices are bit higher than for most other Wendys locations. Basically, your money still goes far here, but not quite as far as you might expect.

The Wendys in Fourth Street Live is located in the food court on the second floor of the entertainment complex. You can take the escalator up to the food court from the street. Wendys is surrounded by Taco Bell, KFC, a pizza place and a Chinese place. The seating is located in the middle and you can pretty much set wherever you want.

The Wendys’ staff at this location is pretty efficient, for fast food workers. I

guess they are used to a huge lunch rush that hits every weekday between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.. When I can, I try to take a late lunch to miss the rush. Even when the Wendys is packed though, I usually do not have to wait more than ten minutes to get my food. Usually, it is much quicker than that. One employee stands out. That employee is the shift manager, judging from the worker’s name tag. However, after going to this restaurant twenty or thirty times, I still have no idea of whether this employee is a man or a woman.

The food at this location is standard Wendys’ fare. The Double Stacks with cheese are always hot. In fact, everything I have been served at this location has been hot, because the workers are so busy. It is not like there is food sitting around ...

• under heat lamps. You can see the workers cooking as fast as they can with order after order.

The Super Value Menu really dominates the entire menu for me because I usually bring a canned Coke with me, which you can get away with doing here because of it being a food court. That way I can order three items off the Super Value Menu and still get a little bit of change back from $4.00. I usually order the Double Stack with fries and a chili, and sometimes mix it up with chicken nuggets. I think Wendys has the best chicken nuggets of any fast food chain. They are loaded with white meat and very juicy. I also like Wendys’ chili. I know it is full of sodium, but it also has tons of protein and very little fat. I do not feel so guilty when I

load up on chili for lunch.

I also enjoy the baked potatoes and salads on the Super Value Menu as well. The only time I order off the regular menu is when I forget to bring a Coke with me. In those instances, it is cheaper to just get a combo meal. I like the Wendys Double the best of all of the combo meals. I should mention that this location does a great job making sure their fries are hot, crispy and salty, just like I like them. I also pour on the ketchup!

This is a good Wendys location that does a ton of business for lunch but is very slow by 2 o’clock in the afternoon. If you are in downtown Louisville for lunch, you might want to do your wallet a favor and visit this location for a cheap meal. I give this Wendys a 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7905693791231/k2311a059/5.9.09