Alvin and the Chipmunks movie  » Movies  »
  • I thought the movie could have been better if they had portrayed the chipmunks' personalities as how I was used to seeing them instead of portraying them as tame as they did in the movie
  • Unfortunately though, in the movie I did not see the large contrast in their personalities
  • I would not recommend it to people who used to watch the cartoon and love it though as their reaction and opinions might be similar to mine

• by RedTape

I hated this movie so much for many different reasons. One of the main ones was that I expected that they would have made a better movie for it being that “Alvin and the Chipmunks” cartoons would come on local tv on Saturday mornings and it was one of my favorite shows. I thought the movie could have been better if they had portrayed the chipmunks’

personalities as how I was used to seeing them instead of portraying them as tame as they did in the movie. I thought that was one of the things which made watching them exciting. Simon was the intelligent one with the ideas, Alvin was the energetic outgoing one and Theodore was the one who was always frightened and the glutton. The one who made the show ...

• extra exciting though was Alvin since I always wanted to see what he would do next. Unfortunately though, in the movie I did not see the large contrast in their personalities.

I also found the CGI graphics a bit annoying. I can’t exactly explain why either, but I just think that if the makers had made things a tiny bit more realistic, then I might have appreciated

it a little more.

The movie was about how the character “Dave Seville” first met Alvin, Simon and Theodore, the group of singing chipmunks and the chipmunks’ long road to fame. It was also about how the group eventually became a family. I would not recommend it to people who used to watch the cartoon and love it though as their reaction and opinions might be similar to mine.

Alvin and the Chipmunks movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11905692981131/k2311a059/5.9.09