Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • With department store brands there is usually such a hit or miss fact about them that I am not always eager to purchase them over drugstore brands unless I know that they are good
  • In the end, neither the wand or the mascara caused my lashes to curl up into the lids of my eyes and give them the curled look that I like and do get when I use my lash curler
  • I got good coverage from the wand and was definitely able to see the difference when I was wearing the mascara because there was a degree of definition to my eyes that really made them pop against the whites of my eyeballs

• by Alpa2zulu

With department store brands there is usually such a hit or miss fact about them that I am not always eager to purchase them over drugstore brands unless I know that they are good. When I started wearing makeup I only wore Clinique because of my sensitive skin and the fact that I broke out with everything else, so when I saw their new High Impact Curling Mascara I had to try it. In general I am a huge sucker for mascara and anything new or different I have to have.

This was such a draw for me because of the uniquely shaped mascara

wand, something that can sometimes make a huge difference in how the mascara goes on and how it shapes your lashes. In this case the Clinique wand is bent into a curve that mimics the shape of your eyelids and matches your eye lashes lash for lash. The whole point of the curved wand is to remove the need for a lash curler, but I didn’t feel that there was any difference made to the amount that my lashes curled up.

If the point of the curler was to curl your lashes I do not see how exactly it was supposed to do that simply by being bent itself. If anything was going to change the amount that your lashes curled I would think it would have been the mascara itself. In the end, neither the wand or the mascara caused my lashes to curl up into the lids of my eyes and give them the curled look that I like and do get when I use my lash curler.

The mascara itself is pretty good, the longest I wore it was for about ten hours and it never rubbed off or removed itself in any way. I got good coverage from the wand ...

• Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara
      and was definitely able to see the difference when I was wearing the mascara because there was a degree of definition to my eyes that really made them pop against the whites of my eyeballs.

In the end I wound up paying three times as much for a mascara that I would only use on a limited basis because it is not spectacular and there was nothing really special about the bent wand. No matter how I tried to use that wand to fix my eye lashes or reach the smaller ones or squiggle it back and forth there was no difference

to the degree of change in the curl. I always ended up grabbing the curler and curling my lashes the old fashioned way.

If you are loyal to the Clinique brand, it works and there is nothing really wrong with the mascara itself. If you are looking at this mascara for the lash curling properties I would say save your money and buy a heated curler which you can then use with your regular mascara to get all the curl you want at half the price. At least this way you won’t be paying for something that you think is going to work.

Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31905692881131/k2311a059/5.9.09