Rimmel Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay Lip Gloss  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found that all the color were paired up really well with the gloss colors they had, but I wasn't too crazy about how sparkly the clear gloss looked when I saw it
  • While the lip color definitely has color that is supposed to be noticeable, it is also matte jus tin case you are wondering, the gloss looks like a sparkled color gloss
  • When you apply it though the color is not enough to be noticed on its own though it does complement the lip gloss when you apply them together
  • When I used the two together though I found that the matte lip color cancelled out a lot of the sparkle that I thought would be there

• by Alpa2zulu

I hate it when new lip glosses come out and charge a couple bucks more for the same formula just in different packaging and a new name. That is pretty much the case with the new Rimmel Lasting Finish Kiss and Stay Lip Gloss that is supposed to last for up to ten hours and seal in color. Not only did it not seal in any coloring on my lips, but it certainly didn’t last ten hours or anywhere near that amount of time. The one or two redeeming factors that this new lip gloss does have is that the gloss itself if of good quality and the many shades work well with several different skin tones, but my own skin tone more importantly.

Like so many other new glosses out

there the new Rimmel Kiss & Stay is a two step color with lip color and then gloss to be applied over the color. I found that all the color were paired up really well with the gloss colors they had, but I wasn’t too crazy about how sparkly the clear gloss looked when I saw it. While the lip color definitely has color that is supposed to be noticeable, it is also matte jus tin case you are wondering, the gloss looks like a sparkled color gloss. When you apply it though the color is not enough to be noticed on its own though it does complement the lip gloss when you apply them together.

The lip gloss itself I didn’t think I would use as much because of the glitter ...

• that is in it, so I actually considered passing on the whole thing since that was half of the product. When I used the two together though I found that the matte lip color cancelled out a lot of the sparkle that I thought would be there. It is not overwhelming or super noticeable at all and you only really see it when the gloss catches the light so it stands out perfectly. I also felt that the gloss itself felt great on my lips. I can’t stand it when gloss is super sticky or slick because I tend to rub my lips together more which means less wear. I put this stuff on and almost forgot about it, especially when I just wore the lip color and left the
        gloss off.

I didn’t get quite the ten hours out of the lip gloss and I was hoping for at least eight. I had to reapply after the first four hours or so though so for everyday use– which it is a good color for– I was only able to get a couple weeks out of the tube. I ran out of the gloss a lot quicker too because I do have that habit of rubbing my lips together a lot and when you do that the lip gloss gets lost like socks in the dryer.

If you are looking for a good long lasting gloss you will find one of the two from the Rimmel Kiss and Stay. I got great color, but not the long lasting gloss I was looking for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31905692641131/k2311a059/5.9.09