Giovanni D:Tox System Organic Purifying Exfoliant Body Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was so surprised by what I found in the bottle and how well it worked
  • I think I have become too used to all these fruity smelling body scrubs that I didn't even realize there is a whole other type of scrub out there
  • I thought the scrub was going to be rough on my body, but it wasn't, I loved it so much I went back and bought the body bar and wash because there is a whole D

• by Alpa2zulu

The only time I have ever used products with volcanic ash in them was the time I visited a friend and her mother had bar soap that she used to scrub grease out of clothing. I do remember it looking awful and smelling even worse, so I was surprised to find it in a body care line that was is always so on with its products. Actually, the only reason I picked up this body line was because it was part of a display of beauty products that supported breast cancer and I figured the ash had to be extremely exfoliating so I might as well give it a try.

I was so surprised by what I found in the bottle and how well it worked. I think I have become

too used to all these fruity smelling body scrubs that I didn’t even realize there is a whole other type of scrub out there. I thought the scrub was going to be rough on my body, but it wasn’t, I loved it so much I went back and bought the body bar and wash because there is a whole D:Tox System.

So all the ash in the creamy scrub takes care of the exfoliating, it feels softer and nicer than sand and I think it polished my skin way better than most sugar based scrubs I have used. You know how so many products say they will leave your skin silky? Well, now I think all of them are lying because I learned what silky skin is after using this on my legs and ...

• arms. Not only did they feel great, but I didn’t have to use any lotion or anything afterwards because my skin looked so great.

In addition to the volcanic ash, there were several other beneficial ingredients including one that I am seeing more and more. If you know Oprah, you know acai berries. And the D:Tox Body system has acai berries in them which is a great antioxidant for your skin reducing any redness, inflammation and swelling you might have. The ash also acts as a disinfectant which is why I guess it is used in a lot of bar soaps, so the volcanic ash in turn gets down into your pours cleaning any bacteria out eliminating the whiteheads you might otherwise get.

And remember what I said about that nasty smell that

the soap my friend’s mom had? There is none of that here, if it wasn’t for the color and the label I would have never guessed there was any ash in here. The lotion smells great and leaves your skin smelling wonderful too, and that’s because there is fig and green tea (which are also good for your skin).

Before I even tried this product it was high on my list of good things just for the fact that it was organic and it supported a charity that is important to me. After reading the list of ingredients I knew I had to buy it, and now after trying it, I am totally sold. It is really a great scrub to try and it won’t break the bank either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31905692541031/k2311a059/5.9.09