Nautica Oceans Eau de Toilette Spray  » General  »
  • I love trying anything new that is eco-friendly so that I can replace what I have as long as the new product is good, but I never expected to find eco-friendly scents
  • I think part of the reason I was not so concerned was because it is something that I don't smear on my body, but mist on in very small doses

• by Alpa2zulu

I love trying anything new that is eco-friendly so that I can replace what I have as long as the new product is good, but I never expected to find eco-friendly scents. When I had the chance to finally smell the new scent from Nautica I wanted to buy every bottle I could possibly afford and send them to everyone I knew. Before I even knew that the cologne was eco-friendly I had the feeling that it was going to amaze or entirely disappoint me because of the ocean scent. I love anything that reminds me of taking to the sea so this scent had a lot to live up to.

My first thought and I am sure most people are wondering is what exactly makes a cologne eco-friendly and what does it matter since the

scent goes on you and not down the drain or into the environment. Apparently there is a new technology that Nautica has come up with using a water based formula to create a longer lasting fragrance. Because the fragrance is water based it is also biodegradable and better able to be absorbed safely by the environment and your skin, which was something I never thought about before.

I had never really considered fragrance as being a harsh chemical that I was spritzing on my body. I think part of the reason I was not so concerned was because it is something that I don’t smear on my body, but mist on in very small doses. Now that I have found out a little more about what is in a bottle of scent, I am looking ...

• at the contents of the stuff I bring home.

Nautica Oceans is made for men, but being that I love the scent because of the clean water base that is built up with a super light floral scent that is sea salt rose, and lemon tonic and teakwood to round it out. You have never smelled anything this good, and I personally think it works for both men and women, especially for women during the summer months if you just run it through your hair.

The scent comes in two different bottle sizes as well as a balm and a deodorant stick. The bottle itself is a clean square cut glass bottle free of decoration or writing, which goes well with the water pure theme the brand has.

To

add to the eco-friendliness of the whole thing, even the packaging has a story to tell. Thirty percent of the packaging is made from recycled materials in a factory that is powered by wind power, reducing its impact on the environment through energy uptake. The packaging can then be recycled because all of it is recyclable.

If you are a huge fan of eco friendly products this is a great cologne for you to try or give to a family member, boyfriend, or even a friend. If you just love ocean scents like I do, then this is a great scent for you to try and add to your collection. I love just using a little or spritzing it around my home when I am feeling down or landlocked and miss the beach.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1905692481031/k2311a059/5.9.09